Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question??...Since I bought my focus i notice that when i start it i wait until gets to idle, at that time it comes water out of the tip of the exhaust...is that bad??
It hasn't given me any problem yet...

excuse me if you don't understand...it's just that i'm puertorican and my english is not too good

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
that is perfectly normal. every internal combustion engine does that because a bi product of combustion is water. That is why exhaust systems rust out. It is a good thing our focuses come with stainless steel exhaust.... should never need replacing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx vanace...you got me out of doubt

[thumb]

·
Registered
793 Posts
my focus used to dump water when I first had it, I mean literally just run out the back, not drop or sputter like normal cars usually do, I always thought it was unnormal to have that much water

·
Registered
219 Posts
That actually has to do with a chemical reaction between your cars exhaust and the platinum in the catalytic converter...no worries!

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you drive the car longer distances as a general rule or greater lengths of time (20-30 mins) you won't have the massive dumping. When the exhaust doesn't fully warm, the condensation is much worse.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
mine does that-itz fun 2 have one of ur freinds rev it up, while u look at the back of the car, and watch the water blast out[:D]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Geographics play a part too. If your're in a humid area full warm up becomes much more critical than if your're in an arrid part of the country. Mufflers and exhaust systems tend to now rust from the inside out.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
My Zx2 did this and the tailpipe tip rusted after two years. There were holes in the bottom of the tip from rust. I hope the Focus tip doesn't have the same problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts