Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Texas State troopers are definately filling quotas early. I saw 3 people pulled over by them just on my way to school...i happen to be one of those 3...and tehy are being a-holes (no offense to anyone who happens to be a poilice officer/trooper) so now im going to have to pay a huge fine ( i was doing 70 in a 45 trying to pass people cuz i needed in the other lane) im just venting...and warning my fellow texas foci

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Umm, I hate to say this, but in most states, doing 70 in a 45 is considered reckless driving. And if You have seen the ads or watched the news in the last 3 weeks, You'd know that TX cops aren't fffing around with aggressive drivers anymore. So sorry if I'm not more sympathetic but, I drive a limo and the last thing I need is someone in a rush cutting Me off with a car full of drunks, pissed off at Me for swerving, or worse, suing Me for injuries sustained from said maneuver. Simple, Nothing is so important as to be doing almost twice the posted limit, unless You're a cop or other public safety officer(fire, EMS) with sirens, lights, and all that. Please, for You sake and Mine, slow down.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There are many officers out there ... but I agree with jmiller on this one ... 70 in a 45 is definitely a law breaker. [nono] And I also wouldn't want some one causing a wreak and making even more traffic that we don't need. Leave the adrenaline rush for the tracks. [:)]

Need to have control and do more defensive driving and less offensive driving.

-Ray-

·
Registered
936 Posts
70 in a 45 ... and you only got a ticket ... and you're basically saying the cop was a dick? I'm pretty sure in every state in the country that 70 in a 45 could get you hauled off to jail. Be glad you only got out with a ticket.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would undertsand like 2 or 3 miles over the limit, but your speed was excessive. If the limit was to be higher, maybe like 70, push around 73 or 75. Around my hometown there are about 75 troopers working since the numbers of trucks is big, plus the area was left alone for a while. They could be short on their quota, still we need to be safe out in the road.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
^^agreed...sounds more like you shoulda just slowed down...

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i posted that when i was really mad but now i aint mad and i know it coulda been worse so im just gonna pay the ticket and move on

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's illegal for cops to have quotas on writing tickets. If they see you doing something wrong, they'll write you up for it. It's their job...

dave.

·
Registered
275 Posts
how is that illegal. i thought that was the process they went by?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It must be certain areas or certain cops, i drove down there to close on my house on the 14th and 15th, and went through texarkana to dallas then down to temple, and over to killeen, and pasted several cops on the way, especally around dallas to waco, i was going 79 the whole way (cruise control) and none of them moved after me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah it's their job I guess..

I went to MArdi Gras last night and in galveston I counted 18 pull overs

on my way back leaving galveston I counted 5..

They definately were doing more than just their job... They don't always do this..

but then again. It was mardi Gras

·
Registered
105 Posts
and my friend got pulled over too lol

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
absolutely

Umm, I hate to say this, but in most states, doing 70 in a 45 is considered reckless driving. And if You have seen the ads or watched the news in the last 3 weeks, You'd know that TX cops aren't fffing around with aggressive drivers anymore. So sorry if I'm not more sympathetic but, I drive a limo and the last thing I need is someone in a rush cutting Me off with a car full of drunks, pissed off at Me for swerving, or worse, suing Me for injuries sustained from said maneuver. Simple, Nothing is so important as to be doing almost twice the posted limit, unless You're a cop or other public safety officer(fire, EMS) with sirens, lights, and all that. Please, for You sake and Mine, slow down.
You're right.

Every once in a while I get baited into a chase through traffic by some other driver, and my bad habits of youth get the better of me.

Reckless driving on public roads is flat out dangerous. I'm glad when cops issue summonses to drivers with poor judgement, but some speed traps are just $$$ machines.

In the current economy, expect to see more speed trap activity from Troopers, they need to keep $$$ coming into the State budgets since Federal cuts for state aid are on the way.

There's been some increased activity in NJ lately too, I think there are alot of states craking down on agressive drivers and modded cars.

Mine's coming off the road this year. I'm making it a track only car and hope to get a SCCA or NASA competition license for wheel to wheel racing, where it's legal, and alot safer!

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
stumbled across this thread by accident but i think i have a few things to add. yes if you have a modded car and/or are a younger person you have a higher chance of getting pulled over (yeah yeah its profiling but what can you really do about it?) and everyone in general will have a higher chance in the near future. a buddie's father who is a trooper in north carolina just took another pay cut this week along with every1 else and if things dont get any better they will either have to have a reduction in work force (troopers loose their jobs) or increase in issued tickets. therefore it stands to reason that there will be more BS tickets issued by troopers in the NC area. if it were me and i was told that i either have to write more tickets or i get canned i wouldnt have a problem in the world handing out a couple for "improper muffler" or "following too closely" or something of that sort. this probably goes for the entire US because its bad everywhere right now, not just out east. drive with common sense, keep it within 5mph of the speed limit, if you want to race then go to the track, and if you do get pulled over dont cry, dont be a smartass, dont look guilty, and for goodness sake dont go sticking your hands in places the officer cant see. ah and the best way to get out of a ticket isnt to name drop if you happen to know a cop (that pisses them off more than anything else) but to get the cop to laugh. dont be a smartass and if it is a BS ticket go to a local magistrate and sort it out there dont get into an argument with the officer because they can always come up with something else to add the to ticket. or they could just haul you off to jail.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dang i forgot i posted this...yeah i dont speed near as much . $250 not going to the focus taught me my lesson...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts