Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have so much snow here recently I have had to use the windshield washer a lot more due to road salt. When I use them I can smell washer fluid for a few minutes after in the cabin. Windows closed of course. Normal?

Spray is strong and uniform, no spillage on the hood or too low on the windshield.

Never had any of my previous vehicles do that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Since we have so much snow here recently I have had to use the windshield washer a lot more due to road salt. When I use them I can smell washer fluid for a few minutes after in the cabin. Windows closed of course. Normal?

Spray is strong and uniform, no spillage on the hood or too low on the windshield.

Never had any of my previous vehicles do that.
Considering the caving air filters are right below the windshield wipers I would say it wouldn't be abnormal.
Overspray from the washer nozzles can aspirate into the cabin air intakes and cause a brief smell. It happens regularly with my Focus and my wife's Mazda CX-5.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Its annoying, for some reason that is one of those smells that really irritates my nose. Oh well. Not a super big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts