Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question regarding washing the outside and polishing.

My Focus is tuxedo black, attracts dirt like a magnet. I try to wash it at least once a week. I bought lambs wool glove, microfiber cloths, etc... to prevent scratching and swirl marks. I use two bucket method of washing bla bla bla

The soap I use is Eagle One NanoWash and Wax. After washing and rinsing, I dry with microfiber towels and then use this polish I bought from a local Honda shop. Spray on, wipe off. It looks great when I'm finished.

The next day though, even if I don't drive it it has spots. Granted I live in Ohio so dew gets on it...is there anything I can do to prevent spots being on it the next day after washing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The joys of owning a black car!

I get spots on mine all the time and I have no idea where they come from, I think you just look at the car and it gets dirty. When I get spots I just spray the area with some Mother's California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer and they wipe away without any issue.

My only suggestion to stopping them completely is to use a high quality wax and sealant. But even then that's not going to completely stop them, just greatly reduce them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yea, I dont have a 2012 nor is it black, but my pretty red 2010 gets those spots after I detail. I can clean it on saturday, and the same day it seems to attract all the small dust particles and random drops of pollen....So I have specs and yellow spots all over when I am done :/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I do the polishing in the garage because although I can use it in the sun, it dries too quick and doesn't look as good.

I'll just buy a bunch of saran wrap so that when I'm done I'll just cover the car and it'll never get dirty again.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Auto Washing & Detailing"

·
Registered
195 Posts
^X3 ….Autogeek is the best for detailing supplies and info. I noticed you mentioned polish. Typically polish is used for paint correction/swirl reduction not paint protection. You need a sealer or a wax for protection. Im a strong believer in Wolfgang products. I use there Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for paint protection. I apply it about once every 3 months or so. That stuff is amazing. I also do a quick detailer after every wash just as maintenance. Black looks so good when its clean, its just a pain to keep it that way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll probably go with one from the website posted earlier as I've read great reviews on the wax they recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts