Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so recently I bought a 2010 SEL in Blue Flame Metallic. I knew I wanted a MK2 Focus for a while. I saw this one pop up for $2500 CAD ($1900 USD). I went to look at her and there was lots of cosmetic damage (scrapes, dents, etc.) it had a loose heat shield I’ve since repaired. There is rocker rust but nothing through yet. (Achilles heal of the Focus) Also will need a windshield replaced. I talked the owner down to $800 CAD (600 USD). What do you think guys, did I get one hell of a deal or what?
Also, do these 2.0Ls have timing belts or chains? Thanks so much

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,368 Posts
Timing chain.

Look at the cosmetic damage other than rust as being a solid indicator of how well the car was taken care of in other ways.
This^^^... Imagine what the damage would be for the PO if it was a bigger vehicle...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Based on the pics it looks a little rough.

I know up north you have snow and chemicals on the road. But still.

If it runs well and is mechanical sound, what matters is if you’re happy with it.

Last year I picked up a 2000 for almost nothing, I put a little money into it to get it running and be reliable and have driven it 36,000 miles in the last year.

Other than the initial repairs, I’ve done routine service and fixed the odds and ends that come up. Now I’m debating if I’m going to keep it or get a newer one. If I keep it it’ll work on the cosmetic and rust along the rockers.

My suggestion is make sure your mechanical issues are all addressed. Then use the cosmetic issues as an excuse to learn and practice skills if you want it to look pretty. But drive it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know if Ontario dumps as much salt on their roads as here in Michigan but I would get rid of that surface rust and cover the bare metal ASAP before it becomes a hole. worry about making it look good later if you wish to fix it up. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts