Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is possible that you can do, modification wise, that will not void warrenty? Probbably nothing huh? Like can you paint interior, paint engine bay, add exhaust, just a new muffler, CAI, stuff like that?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
um, Exhaust, intakk, and that is all I know off. Others that are more educated will imput more later I am sure. Also I think there are a couple of threads about this, try the search....

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea ive asked this question a few times on here, but here is the words from a fod employee that i emailed about the subject.

"Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
inquiring whether installing a performance part would void your vehicle
warranty.

All alterations or modifications to Ford Motor Company vehicles must be done in
compliance with all applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations. The
installation/use of any non-Ford product will not necessarily void the Ford New
Vehicle Limited Warranty. If, however, the non-Ford product fails or causes a
Ford part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage are not covered
by the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The vehicle owner would need to look
to the manufacturer or installer of the non-Ford product for repairs, not to
Ford."

Sincerely,
Margaret
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Mods dont directyl void the warrenty, if there is a problem with your car, and it can be traced to the part then it can be voided. So nothin will be void unless, you mess with the catalytic converter, or a part casues a problem. But you have to watch out, some dealerships will deny you your warrenty if they see any modifications to it. The best way to handle that is go to your dealership and ask them about it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I asked my selling dealership about adding just a simply intake, and theier response was, "Adding an intake would be modifiying your emission equipment and it'll void your warrenty." I then asked another dealership in my area and was told intake it fine but a free-flowing exhaust would be tampering with your emissions. It seems as if it's up to the dealership. My advice would be to ask your dealership, and if possible, get it in writing.

---Randy

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
If your dealership gives you crap about warranty coverage because of things like that, the best thing to do is call Ford directly. They will straighten the dealer out, if you are in the right. If your power steering goes out and they refuse you because you have an intake, then you can definitely take it to Ford. And an cat-back exaust absolutely should not void your emissions warranty, because the entire emissions system is in between the intake manifold and the cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts