Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys, I need some help here. Kinda lost on what I need to do. Let's see...I have a 2004 svt and was wondering what's the best way to go about getting warranty work done. First off, whenever I'm starting out in first, whenever I let out the clutch, there's a chattering. Secondly, whenever I shift into 4th gear, it like strips before going into gear. And lastly, last night on the way home from work, i was in 6th going about 60mph, I gave it about half pedal to accelerate to 70 when the RPMs started rising. Is this a clutch issue? Or is it something going on inside the tranny. I'm a helicopter mechanic...but I know nothing about cars, lol. I called here a little while back and they ran my VIN and told me I had a 5yr 100k powertrain warranty. I've also read about a clutch TSB on here. Just trying to get a little direction on what I should do. I'm 300 miles from home right now, and praying I can drive my car back to Texas before it finally dies on me. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Go to your ford dealer and get them to look into it and make sure you give them the TSB number.The only bad thing is it might take awhile to get the parts in to fix it.So I guess its up to you if you have time to take it there where your at or if you have to wait to get it back home.Good luck!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
unfortunately the car is almost 5 years old and they probably won't do anything for you, other than fix it and make you pay of course. The TSBs for the most part are/were covered inside the 3 year/36000 mile warranty, and the 100k powertrain doesn't cover "wear" components (like a clutch) [:(]

·
Registered
347 Posts
just call your local dealer and ask questions like its noones business. if the first dealer doesnt know, call another. im getting warranty work done on saturday about the PCM TSB that is out on 00-04 SVTF's with slippage problems and cold start issues and other things. i called 3 dealers and finally the 3rd dealer helped me out and said the work would be free. so just call and ask.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I understand the powertrain warranty won't cover the cluth, but was hoping the tsb would and the warranty would cover the sincro rings...or whatever's causing the "stripping" when shifting into 4th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts