Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you read my last thread you probably already know i blew my tranny completely.. but i was wondering if ford will cover the cost if i have extended warranty on my svt.. i have 10 yrs/100,00miles..

i didnt just blow the tranny, i blew the clutch also.. i bought the car off some chick about 4 months ago and she said she had just replaced the clutch.. i know i couldnt just burn a clutch that soon.. i talked to some people and they've told me theres a possibility who ever replaced the clutch 4 months ago might have not done a good job and might have left it a little loose.

so my question is.. if ford knows that the car has already had the clutch replaced once and know that whoever replaced the clutch wasnt a certified ford mechanic and know the crappy job done by that mechanic lead to the tranny messing up, do you think the warranty will still cover it?.. does any one have any tips or suggestions on what i should do??...

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
lol good luck! is all i can say. maybe you just might get lucky but i doubt it.

sorry but if you know dealers, they will more then likely try anything to get out of warrenty repairs....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know their going to try anything to get out of a warranty repair.. especially one this big.. im just crossing my fingers. i should find out by tomorrow.

thanks for the reply. any more opinions or tips will be appreciated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
so I take it you got the warrenty transfered from her to you. Just dont tell them that the thing has been fixed before. They might be able to figure it out by looking at it but by then they might have already said ohh yeah its covered under your warrenty. Who knows though. The secret to life revealing only the minimum amount of information!! If they wanna know then they'll ask, if they dont, dont tell um hehe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't that the clutch was replaced. Their is a TSB for the clutch. Your ESP should cover it. And they will check the transaxle inputshaft for end play. If the transaxle is smoked they will replaced.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sounds like you got lucky and your "dual-mass" flywheel seperated and took the clutch out with it. If that's the case, it should be covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
what I dont understand is why would the girl who owned the car before you not go through Ford to fix it the first time if it was under warranty then. Why would she go to a shady mechanic if it should have been covered in the first place?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she burned the clutch because she was driving the car like a *******.. so she sold the car to me and had to buy herself an automatic.

but i guess a warranty wont cover a burned clutch.. because ford has nothing to do with that, thats all based on how the owner drives the car.

so i guess she got a cheap-o mechanic to do the job for her.

p.s. guessing on all this im not for sure..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts