Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my 3/36k ends at the end of next month (I am assuming the warranty starts from the day the car is built, please correct me if I am wrong). I have 24,000 on it now. I bought the car at the beginning of December. I have had no issues with anything with the car, and previous owner took great care of it. Because my car is an 2004 it has the 100k warranty on it, does anyone know exactly what that covers, or a link to somewhere that has specfic infomation about what is and what is not covered. I would like to get the extended warrenty, but I am moving next month for a new job and basically won't have any cash for awhile, and really don't want to have to ask the rents to loan me more money. It seems like the most common thing to go is the clutch on the SVTs, and I know that is not covered by any warranty. Also what does the extended warranty cover? (I am talking about the Ford one, not a 3rd party). I am mainly concerned about the engine/transmission, most any minor part or problem I can fix myself, and would perfer to fix myself.

Basically any info on what the SVT 100k warranty specfically covers, and what is covered under the Ford extended warranty, is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
704 Posts
it's the extended powertrain warranty. So if you tranny or your engine go they are covered. I don't know what else falls into this catagory. I believe it's $50 or so to transfer the powertrain warranty if the car came with it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The warranty starts the day the car enter service, not when it's built.

I think another warranty would be a waste. I have used the powertrain warranty a few times and Ford has stood behind it well. And I have fixed the little shit myslef (leaking T-stat, alternator).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really the only thing I am concerned about breaking is in the powertrain, because that stuff is really the only thing I don't want to have to fix. Everything else is pretty cut and dry, and aside from a couple of SVT specific parts (cluster, aux gauges etc) the normal focus parts have to be easy to come by, and relatively cheap to fix.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine's about to end (>200 miles) and I pondered the same thing. Only thing I was worried about having to fix is covered under the 5/100K powertrain warranty. I'd say at the least, make sure that get's put under your name if it isn't already.

·
I'M BACK!!!!
1,825 Posts
well if you know how to repair a car i would say no dont get it- but if you dont have the knowledge or the time/money i would definatley recommend it- i have used my 100k premium care warranty several times and has saved thousands and thousands of dollars in repair costs. so i would recommend it to anyone that has an svt- just because fo all the things that can go wrong-- also take into to account murphy's law[hihi]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Exactly, make sure it's transfered.

·
I'M BACK!!!!
1,825 Posts
hope you make the right choice-- also i think you get a refund on the warranty if you dont end up using it or you get a different car so i think you cant go wrong by getting it-- also i dont think the tranny is included in the regular powertrain warranty i believe it only covers the engine

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I added the ESP 6/60. It's already paid for its self. I didn't have the 5/100 PT warranty on mine.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I just got a new trans under it. jstuver, you sound like the holes at the dealership. If the trans isn't powertrain, what is?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts