Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 Ford Focus SE 5 door with the appearance package. We want to get a catback exhaust for her. Does anyone know if this will void the warranty?[driving][driving]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Yes it will. Your stock exhaust will no longer have warrantee. The plus side is that you will have a replacement exhaust already installed.

If you cause the issue, or they can blame what you did for the issue, they won't fix it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It may void more than the warranty on just the exhaust. As the new system will have different characteristics (back pressure, flow rate, etc.) it may void your entire powertrain warranty. I'd check with your service manager, or contact someone at Ford.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Follow up question... I have the Ford Racing 2.5" Cat back installed. If I end up blowing my head gasket (knock on wood), would that still be covered in warranty because the header is still stock?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
It depends on the Ford dealer... It's up to your local Ford dealer, they can blame what you did for the issue... If you show up asking for a warranty work

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Lets keep it reasonable here, the bashing gets a little out of hand CunFF.

There's a possibility that an OPEN PIPE for an exh. might raise questions depending on the problem.

A "normal" exh. with muffler isn't going to be an issue unless it falls off & breaks something in the process.

Take that for an extreme case!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts