Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to change my front rotors since they are warped and cause some serious pedal bounce. I was wondering if I should upgrade to either slotted, drilled or combined models. I tend to brake late and hard so I am afraid that stock ones would simply warp again. Any Suggestions?

My other issues is with cornering, When I do a high speed (not excessive speed, just normal) left turn like the curves used when changing highways and such the car feels like it wants to break loose but in a jerking manner. Kind of like a rear wheels drive when you play with the trottle in a turn. When turning Right it is fine. What gives?

Focus Wagon SE 2001

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would go with slotted, it is said that drilled rotors can crack. You can get either drilled or slotted from good ole focus sport. Your other problem thats not my department so i will let somebody answer that one

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was having a slipping problem like that before. Turned out that my right front tie rod and ball joint were loose causing play in the wheel. Might want to check that out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nate2006 said:
I was having a slipping problem like that before. Turned out that my right front tie rod and ball joint were loose causing play in the wheel. Might want to check that out.
Maybe I forgot to mention that it is the rear that feels like it will break loose.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You can get Brembo blank rotors from TireRack. That's my plan for when my brakes need to be done. You might want to check British-American Transfer too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the brembo crossdrilled and have no cracking as of yet but the hole make noise when stopping, I love the brakes but next time Im going with slotted so I can say Ive had both.[wrenchin]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems my rear shocks are finished. That would explain the control issue.
Any info on good shocks. Better than original but not to much $$?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured out my handling issue. Turns out the rear tables (small front ones) were seized, bushings were finished and the shocks need to be replaced. This, one week after a freind of mine changed the same parts. Seems the same year (2001/02) Focus's all have the same problem with the rear suspension. Wonder if the other years will be the same?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Some inexpensive OEM replacement shocks, that are better than stock, include KYB GR2's and Tokico HP's (aka Blues). Some others worth considering are Spax and Sachs (available at Bat Inc.). I did not double check whether all of these are available for the wagon but I believe most of them are. They should all work very well with stock springs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts