Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 Focus Titanium model. A couple days ago when I lock my car doors a red "i" pops up and the left and right turn signal lights flashes once. However the red "i" remains flashing. What is my car trying to tell me?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII section & it's own thread.

Welcome!

·
Registered
505 Posts
go through your screen using the steering wheel controls and find the section that has information i think. forget the exact path but there is a section for just error codes

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I know that red is more serious error (engine or whatever malfunction)and amber is a warning (door ajar, low washer fluid)...

MIL is on?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I own a 2012 Focus Titanium model. A couple days ago when I lock my car doors a red "i" pops up and the left and right turn signal lights flashes once. However the red "i" remains flashing. What is my car trying to tell me?
How long have you had the car? Are you double pressing the lock button? That would make the signals flash. The red "I" is always flashing, it's part of the anti-theft system.

See here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278667

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
How long have you had the car? Are you double pressing the lock button? That would make the signals flash. The red "I" is always flashing, it's part of the anti-theft system.

See here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278667
You don't even need to double press the lock. The second lock horn chirp is just to verify the doors are locked. The first button press enables the anti theft system. The red "i" is just to indicate the anti theft system is armed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's probably what happened , I click locked the door from the inside and closed the door and then I realized that my purse was in the back seat, so then I tried to unlock the door by touching the handle to retrieve my purse, got my purse and re locked the door so that is when the error started occurring, so how do get it to stop flashing the error.. Thanks

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
The red flashing "i" is always there when you lock the doors. You may have just never noticed it. As I said it's not an error. It's an indicator that your anti theft is ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts