Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to try and go pick up some bigger wire's and better spark plugs. can anyone give me any info on whats the best in there eyes. but i not going to order anything i am hoping i can just go out to the store and pick them up.

thanks
seth

P.S
i drive a 02 SVTF fast replies plz plz plz.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This has been widley discussed. Ford Racing are probably the least expensive, and are what I will soon my running. My (very expensive) Livewires are coming out because one of them disemboweled itself when I tried to get it off the plug.

MSD comes up a lot, they seem to be middle ground in terms of price.

I hadn't heard of Taylor wires before, but in the wise words of WD40:
Taylor wires??
I have five words for them...
Best wires you can get!
End of story.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55133&highlight=taylor+wires

So perhaps Taylor is the brand to look for.

Either way, don't look for wires to make a world of difference unless your current set are in pieces.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
i have the screamin demon setup(coil and wires) which was installed months ago with the iridium plugs i just put in a couple weeks ago. after the plugs, my car ran a lot smoother and overall, better.

you could just get the motorcraft plugs and the ford racing 9mm wires and i believe you might be able to go to the ford dealership for the wires and the dealership or any autostore for the plugs too. the setup i have would have to be ordered

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am on my way right now to get the ford racing 9mm wires. but still need to get some good plugs. what you guys think.

seth

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
SVTbedson said:
i am on my way right now to get the ford racing 9mm wires. but still need to get some good plugs. what you guys think.

seth

motorcrafts dude, didn't i say that in my last post? [8] lol

i can't remember the part number off hand but if you search like svtrobzor said you'll find it in no time [thumb]

H

·
0 Posts
^^^ Number is also SP463 if your ford dealer has switched to the new naming scheme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts