Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Did some "googling" and found this forum. Well, my current stock headlights are pretty foggy and I was thinking of purchasing new headlights rather than clean them up.

I was wanting to get some headlights with the LED strip on the side. However, I have mixed reviews on aftermarket headlights and I"m not sure where to approach this.

I am no vehicle expert by no means. So, if I purchased them, I would have a professional install them for me. The headlights I desired were these:

By Spyder USA. However, there are mixed reviews on the installation of these.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to approach this?

I have a 2003 Ford Focus SE, I believe a 2.0L engine.

Thank you!

Eric

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Spyder's on my '13 hatch. They look awesome; however, I don't think they are as bright as the stock lights. Not bad though. I'm not running HID's in mine. Just H7 Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs. The built in H1 high beam in the Spyder's are outstanding when running them. They really light up the back roads. I have the Phillips in them too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Was there a lot of modifications needed to make the LED strip work properly? From what I read, there is a little wiring required?

I'll post a picture of the end connector shortly. I would have to pull it off of my phone.

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
I like the way those headlights look actually... Not flashy, but all business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Spyder's on my '13 hatch. They look awesome; however, I don't think they are as bright as the stock lights. Not bad though. I'm not running HID's in mine. Just H7 Phillips Diamond Vision bulbs. The built in H1 high beam in the Spyder's are outstanding when running them. They really light up the back roads. I have the Phillips in them too.

Here's what my connector looks like. Did you have to make any modifications to get the LED strip to work, or did it work out of the box?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just put those headlights on my car today! I love the way they look, they're so sick. Installation was decent. They definitely don't fit like the stock ones do, but overall they're not too terrible. The LED strip and the blinker bulb you have to custom wire. The high and low beam do just plug in to the stock connector and work fine though. I can get some pics up of how I wired them together for you when I can. Didn't take me too long, only took about 15 minutes to do all the custom wiring.

Passenger side was the worst offender fitment wise. The gap between the hood and the lights is almost ridiculous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just put those headlights on my car today! I love the way they look, they're so sick. Installation was decent. They definitely don't fit like the stock ones do, but overall they're not too terrible. The LED strip and the blinker bulb you have to custom wire. The high and low beam do just plug in to the stock connector and work fine though. I can get some pics up of how I wired them together for you when I can. Didn't take me too long, only took about 15 minutes to do all the custom wiring.

Passenger side was the worst offender fitment wise. The gap between the hood and the lights is almost ridiculous.

Awesome! Unfortunately I can't see the images. Could you use a different image host? And photos of the wiring would be great!! I just ordered these tonight. Can't wait till they get here.

How is the brightness at night? Better, worse, or the same?

Thank you!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Fixed. They seem to be about the same, but I need to adjust them, they're still a bit off. Definitely not bad though.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Here's what my connector looks like. Did you have to make any modifications to get the LED strip to work, or did it work out of the box?
My headlight connectors are a little different. My Focus is a '13. Everything was plug n play including the upper brow and the LED's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have hella dynabeams, they have a led celis bar in them plus the low beams turn into the direction you turn, although you have to rewire the harness there is a simple writeup on it, a fellow on ebay has a few pairs left. Best lights i.m.o... search focus dynabeams n ull find them if interested

1 - 13 of 13 Posts