Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EDM Parts Manager
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2.0L SPI right now and want to drop in a SVT with a Getrag tranny with it. About how much do you guys think this would cost and if anyone is parting out a SVT and want to sell their engine?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I would amost suggest just buying a SVT rather than swapping just the motor and tranny, unless you have a sedan type car and dont like the hatch back style. Pulling the motor and replacing should only take a weekend), but switching to a svt gives you the better suspension, the sporty interior(which I like), the outside styling, ect, ect.

If your going for a sleeper though or something along those lines and that is why you want the stock look of a LX I would think you would be able to find the engine/tranny combo for around $3000 and then you would have to do all the work yourself(that is just a guess however since I have never done this).

·
EDM Parts Manager
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I like the more space of the sedan and like the whole sleeper idea and I plan on putting a better suspension on the LX but hearing a lot about the valve drops isnt a comforting idea so its all a matter of when/if i have the money

·
EDM Parts Manager
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried sending a PM but his inbox is full o_O

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
to loud? if so. LOL. I bet. try posting on his user page, I'm sure he'll see it there. Like I said get in touch with the guys at HTP performance as well

·
EDM Parts Manager
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just posted on his Public and I'm going to hit up HTP right now

·
Registered
324 Posts
its costed me around $4000 total for a full swap into a sedan, but i was lucky enough to find a guy with everything i needed... it took 3 weeks of constant work and 125+ hrs. takes dedication but well worth the swap =)

let me know if u have questions and good luck!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would amost suggest just buying a SVT rather than swapping just the motor and tranny, unless you have a sedan type car and dont like the hatch back style. Pulling the motor and replacing should only take a weekend), but switching to a svt gives you the better suspension, the sporty interior(which I like), the outside styling, ect, ect.

If your going for a sleeper though or something along those lines and that is why you want the stock look of a LX I would think you would be able to find the engine/tranny combo for around $3000 and then you would have to do all the work yourself(that is just a guess however since I have never done this).
reason why i swapped was because of the insurance... i have all the svt features and specs other than a hatchback shell lol.. made the car unique in a way... but yea since i was 18 when i did the swap, it was much cheaper for me on insurance being that it wouldve costed me 5500 a yr for an svt and now its only 1500 lol so yea big difference and i still get the svt performance

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'd actually recommend the duratec motors, just due to the raw potential. Not to mention there are so damn many of them, where as a wrecked svt ehhhh you gotta be more lucky and have eyes open all the time.

·
EDM Parts Manager
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exactly and i recognize the potential power of the Duratec but I am set on a SVT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts