Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode in an STI a few weeks ago that had a 3 inch exhaust from the header back with no resonator, cat, or muffler. and it was deep and rumbly and sounded amazing. I would like something as close to that as i can get.
what would it sound like with the svt header, and 2.75" flex and pipe all the way back?

what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Personally coming from the subaru world, nothing can sound like a Subaru other than a Subaru. No cat on our cars is very loud and raspy in the higher RPMs. Take my word cause thats my setup.

Now maybe if you kept the cat and went with a borla, thats probably as deep as you can get.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, thanks alot man. I was thinking maybe tsudo. from the clips i have heard that one sounds pretty good and its fairly cheap.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Borla sounds amazing on all foci, especially svt's.
If you want a borla for cheaper go with trubendz.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Borla sounds amazing on all foci, especially svt's.
If you want a borla for cheaper go with trubendz.
x2

I have the 2.5" Borla, SVT header, RT Cat, 2.5" flex, no resonator and it sounds just like what you are looking for. It's got a nice deep tone but is loud wen you rev it up or get on the pedal. Not raspy at all. Oh yeah na dI got it from Trubendz as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got me some Borla. It just sounds the best a 4 banger can sound. "SVT" n/a. I like it.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
a turbo will quite the rasp alot! turbo your car, youll get the deep rumble. but it will in no way sound like a subie

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
My car has a 3" Magnaflow with a resonator and its a very deep tone for a 4 cylinder. I will see if I can get some audio of my car so I can show everyone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone. i know that its not ever going to sound like a subie because nothing does but a subie. but I will look into the borla/trubendz.
and as far as the turbo.... in time there will be one in my car. but i gotta save for a honeymoon in july first.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Subies have the sweetest 4 cylinder sound.. But they are Flat 4s so the only way to get that sound is to disconnect a spark plug.. LOL...
Borla or HKS has a nice low sound

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
I've got an ORP,Borla center exit and I love it. When I cruising down the highway it sounds deep and mean. When I'm on it....It gets loud and clear. Shifting a little early give gives it the low grumble your looking for, downshifting with rev match makes a little cackle, but a deep rumble more than a cackle. If you want, I can record some sound for you and let you hear it. Maybe even do a couple of high speed passes !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts