Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good set up to get a slight tire tuck?
I would be on stock 6 spoke 16" rims w 205/50 R16 tires

A guy I might buy sportlines from said they would be a 2.5" - 3" drop,
but the specs say otherwise(2"F - 2.25"R)

I was thinking of the H&R cup kit(sport) but I couldn't find any decent
pics of the actual here.

Coilovers are a little out of my price range, but was thinking of the Megan coilovers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mega...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
no if you want to go low then get the h&r cup kit from focussport.com they are a 2.5 inch drop

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the sportlines, you will get a larger drop as time progresses. You will need the caster camber kit and I had to replace my rear control arms because I was unable to get my rearend in alignment.
Just like anything else, you get what you pay for. I like my coilovers and would not change my decession to use them. Now, I sometimes wish I would not have gone as low as I did. Cars that are lowered are sweet but can sometimes suck to drive, especially if there is lots of crappy roads where you live. Hope this helped [thumb]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
shawty get low.....

remind me to never do that again..... but jeez a 3" drop? I'd never make it into my driveway lol...... 1ft wide, semi-circle gutters ftw :|

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
that big a drop needs coilovers.
these are KW variant 1, adjsuted all the way down.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i have B&G springs (kinda similar to sportlines a little lower) and they are a pretty rough ride when the roads are crappy.... really think about it, how cool is it to have a low car if it shakes out your innards.

·
Registered
166 Posts
cdsilverzx3- did you have problems with your alignment? Another think about dropped cars are driveways and debris in the road, I hit a piece of tire on the interstate one night and busted up my fresh paint job on my body kit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Craven915, I still need an alignment. I have rear camber bolts that I need to install yet, but need to get the toe aligned too. I live in the midwest and when it snows..my mach1 lip is plowing snow..lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah man I hear ya, I got the caster camber kit installed on mine and I still need a set of rear control arms to get the rear right. It snowed here a few weeks ago and I was cleaning the streets with my front bumper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts