Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Kaminari full lip kit the other day. It should be delivered by next week. I'm just wondering if there is any prep work to do, or anything I should have ready before hand. Also, does anyone have a pic of this kit installed on an '01 ZX3?

·
Registered
759 Posts
If your going to paint it yourself, I'd say buy your primer, paint and clear coat.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Pics at: http://www.kaminari.com/products/00Focus2DRLip.htm

Congrats on the purchase. If you're doing the install and paint yourself, you will have a lot of prep work to do to ensure a proper fitment. I guess it would depend how well the pieces actually fit though. I bought a lip kit from Ford and all I had to do was test fit, measure/mark where the holes went, drill them, test fit, remove adhesive backing, psuedo-test fit, and finally install. Mine did come painted though, so it took me about an hour per side by myself.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the kit I bought. Just wanted to see a different install. I wanted to see more angles of how low it would be. I have a 2" drop now. I will try to paint myself, I've done other stuff already. I think this kit has the double-sided tape, not sure about drilling holes. I have no problem doing that if I have to.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my kit on Aug. 1st. I put om the front and back for now. I will get to paint this weekend if weather holds out. Does anyone have any tips on mounting points for screws? I don't want them to show if possible. Although you can't avoid the the ones to the fenderwell showing. Also, any suggestions for side skirt install. There are only two small pieces of double sided tape to secure to body. The bottom of skirt uses existing screws underneath. I don't really trust the tape holding everything tight. I have the feeling someone will step on the side getting in or out. Thinking of going black to contrast with red body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts