Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 ZTW with 60k miles, manual trans, ridiculously well kept for $4000. (needle in friggen hay stack)

I want to start with lights, but I can only find OEM taillights for the wagon.

Does anyone know about a manufacturer that makes black taillights or even better black LED taillights?

So far, I'm loving this car. Seat warmers are great in this horrible Michigan winter.

-Tommy

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the manual wagon club! Unfortunately Americans didn't buy so many and the aftermarket responded in expected ways. Also, most of the people buying wagons in 2003 weren't the LED taillight "type" per se. Check German and UK ebay, they like wagons but exchange rates and shipping might cost a lot...

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
There was a maker a few years ago that made LED tail lights for the wagon. I think I saw someone on here not to long ago with them, I just can't remember the name at the moment. Perhaps you can find the name of them and check Ebay in the UK or Germany as suggested to see if you can find them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was afraid I was going to only find them in Euro.

Time to get out the spray-tint and slap in some LED bulbs.

Thanks guys!

WAGON MAFIA FOR LIFE! [headbang]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
LED lights are cheap, superbrightleds.com has any you could want. VHT nightshade or lamin-x will work to make it darker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about "load resistors" are you guys using those for LEDs on brake lights and reverse lights?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
How about "load resistors" are you guys using those for LEDs on brake lights and reverse lights?
you will need something like that, otherwise you will get a hyper blinking light as if a light is out. I dont have them but search the forums and you should get some ideas, doesnt need to be wagon specific as the resistors should be the same

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Hyperblink is awesome though...!!!! I have it haha

Na just resistors for the turns if you don't want to be the fastest blinker in your area.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm good with "hyper-blinker" because it's been proven that it will get your attention more than a slow blinking light.
If it keeps ONE moron from rear ending me, it was worth it.

Thanks guys!

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I'm good with "hyper-blinker" because it's been proven that it will get your attention more than a slow blinking light.
If it keeps ONE moron from rear ending me, it was worth it.

Thanks guys!
Well the downfall to that is if you actually have a light go out, you wont know unless you routinely check. Front turn could go out and it would still hyper blink the same

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll know when a bulb goes out if some one flips me off or yells "TURN SIGNAL!" [twothumbs]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts