Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Perhaps I failed to be clear... What Dave and Andy have done to my opinion of Ford and their parts, customer service etc, acting as agents of Ford, operating under Ford s licence is listed as above.

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
351 Posts
Lol, ok I'm done with you. I tried to explain to you how you're overreacting but you're one of those unreasonable types that lashes out and blames anyone at all related to whom you have a problem with. You're that annoying guy yelling at the bathroom custodian at a restaurant because your burger was served to you burnt. Good luck getting anyone to help you on here with your unfounded Ford hating drivel dude.

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Yeah, it's not me who needs to fix this. Ford needs to fix this as well as any other online screwery with dealers operating under their licence and name.

I have no idea why you are upset with mee in the slightest. I paid for 2 Ford part numbers, I got this.

I didn't do this, they did. I will not eat crap because someone else says so. Ford,, the Ford dealer, Andy, Dave or you.

I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye here. I heard your points and I answered with reasonable and rational responses. I'm sorry they don't meet your satisfaction. When this is your money and your drama, I promise I won't say a word.

How big is Ford? Dollars and cents I mean. It's My job to make sure the board members, millionaires, don't continue to profit off you and me in this immoral and perhaps even illegal fashion ? It's OK with you that this happens and Ford let's it happen and it's not their fault, it's somehow mine and I'm an ******* for calling them out? You have a special way of seeing things.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You act like you're the only one who this has ever happened to...
I'm not upset. You just annoy me with your entitled rational. You act like a stereotypical millennial that thinks everyone owes them something. I never said that you should eat anything and just the opposite I told you exactly how to get your $ back and how to make them pay for screwing you but you want to be angry at everyone because Certified Mike thinks he deserves to be.
McDonald's the corporation can't actively stop an employee at a franchise from giving someone half the normal serving of fries but someone like you thinks instead of blaming the jerk who did it and his manager or owner at the actual franchise you'd like to sue the entire corporation for getting screwed out of you're order. That makes no sense and there would be no way to control such a thing.
Reasonable and rational? Nope, rather unreasonable and irrational. And drama on your part indeed...

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Not even close to a millennial but yeah, I absolutely hold the corporation responsible for the actions of the dealerships who operate under their licence and use the Ford name and products to deceive Ford customers without repercussions from Ford because Ford profits from these actions too. This isn't rocket science. I got taken advantage of . I got taken advantage of by the parts counter and manager so now it's time to talk to their boss, Ford.

Sorry if you don't like the way chain of command operates. I'll be sure to put in a request for your new and improved, customer eats more crap and talks less model when Henry calls.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You act like you're the only one who this has ever happened to...
I'm not upset. You just annoy me with your entitled rational. You act like a stereotypical millennial that thinks everyone owes them something. I never said that you should eat anything and just the opposite I told you exactly how to get your $ back and how to make them pay for screwing you but you want to be angry at everyone because Certified Mike thinks he deserves to be.
McDonald's the corporation can't actively stop an employee at a franchise from giving someone half the normal serving of fries but someone like you thinks instead of blaming the jerk who did it and his manager or owner at the actual franchise you'd like to sue the entire corporation for getting screwed out of you're order. That makes no sense and there would be no way to control such a thing.
Reasonable and rational? Nope, rather unreasonable and irrational. And drama on your part indeed...
Don't waste your time his words speak for themself. Losing your cool and throwing around four-letter words over something this stupid is ridiculous.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
As stated, it's not about the money. I'm curious, when does it become important? When it's $100.00 or $1k? Or maybe it's just when it's your money. Is that when it matters to you?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
As stated, it's not about the money. I'm curious, when does it become important? When it's $100.00 or $1k? Or maybe it's just when it's your money. Is that when it matters to you?
I have a $600 item sitting in my house that was delivered broken I'm trying to do the right thing and have it arranged for them to pick it up. If they are unable to do this I'm simply going to have the transaction removed from my credit card, and they can dispute with the credit card company.

I'm not angry about the item being delivered broken stuff happens I'm disappointed that I'm having to spend the time to resolve it. So even when it is my money I'm not angry and I'm not losing my cool.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You are correct and point taken. I have edited my posts for language. I apologize for any hostility directed toward members here. I do still stand by my opinion of what has occurred here.
I am sorry if I offended (or if I missed anything to edit)
Mike

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
If the clips hold down the missing piece that runs just inboard of the bottom weatherstrip in post #28 I'd do away with them 100% as I did on my Nissan. The clips there are similar and they cease gripping once you strike the strip enough with feet getting in and out of the car to loosen them. I simply used short small sheetmetal screws to hold the strip down permanently. $1.29 a pack of 20 IIRC. A little more work but I've found once the clips start coming loose there they tend to keep doing it as the plastic gets cut enough the clips even new will quit grabbing as tight and I don't like repeat issues.

You can rebend clips to like new; I've done it a hundred times in various places. Probably not what is wrong there though.

I tend to lean toward replacing all clips with better retention methods when parts come off, it saves too much money and the parts never come loose ever again. My Nissan uses a pushpin fastened oil filter cover as part of the inner wheelwell plastic liner and the dealer cuts the pins to get to the filter quick and adds the replacement price of pins to the oil change price. My cover now uses screws to quickly unscrew it off and on and it does not flop around loose like it did before using the pushpins.

On Ford the company, once I stupidly let Ford have a newly bought program car with 8000 miles on it to fix a window motor that popped a fuse. They then reworked the car to milk warranty policy to the tune of well over $5K of work and claimed I complained about like 20 different things and additionally gave me back a car that was absolutely undriveable. After I figured out what happened it became obvious the dealer was milking Ford on excess warranty for work not performed and I called Ford corporate about it to complain. They absolutely got the point across that they could not have cared less and that was the last car I ever bought from them. Give them half a chance and they will flat tell you they do not want your business. I've been told by their sales guys to not waste my time looking at cars on the lot when I had $10000 in my pocket for an instant down payment before.

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got another package of 4 clips, sealed from Ford with identical info. I'd be happy to post pics if anyone really wants to see.
amc49 dead on! I also have an email from Dave straight up telling me he doesn't want my money.
I have sent this story to pretty much anyone who will listen. I intend on at least letting thee board members know why their profits are down. If indeed this is illegal or immoral, a number of 3 letter agencies have the story as well.
Indeed Dave, you won't be getting my money. I am done fixing ford's. Sorry if this doesn't jive with the blue oval worshippers.
I will ba taking this one apart when I have a place to store it. I will be selling the parts to people who can present me with a quote from Dave and Andy first.
No more help needed from the people who won't talk to me because I had the balls to stand up to a corporate giant for ALL of us because of their underhanded practices.
For those who did help, unconditionally,
Thaank you.
Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, because it's Ford corporation's policy to short people clips...
You've beaten this dead horse into oblivion and no one cares about your clip shortage at this point. If you weren't a raving lunatic that has no idea how to direct blame and anger then people might have had more of an interest. It has nothing to do with "worshipping" any particular car co. You simply see a conspiracy theory where there is none as franchises work independently.

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am simply presenting all involved with the entire history of the transaction. If any or all of them choose to persue it, it's entirely their call. I am going to send one of the bags of parts directly to the board of directors.
If they choose to take this seriously, they have the smoking gun in their hands. They won't have to rely on what Dave and Andy are telling them.
Operating independently or not, it's still ford's name and image and I am far from impressed by their agents.
I havre another bag I will keep in my toolbox as a token.
I won't give this car to my kid to make these his first memories... You all still remember your first cars, right? That ship has sailed and is beside the titanic right now.
No more ford's. My tools, my money. If that's what corporations hear these days, maybe they will hear that.
Either way, you are correct, beaten dead indeed and I am very done.
If anyone is interested in a svt/H&R Sport Line suspension with poly bushings and a blasted rear cross member with less than 500 miles on them, please let me know. They are not available until I move from this apartment but that's already in tthw works. Maybe a couple months will be settled.
Again, thanks!
Sorry if I upset you cobra. We all have bad days and differing opinions and I guess we had them all at once.

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
'You simply see a conspiracy theory where there is none as franchises work independently.'

I'd be careful with that, according to franchise.org........

'A franchise (or franchising) is a method of distributing products or services involving a franchisor, who establishes the brand's trademark or trade name and a business SYSTEM, and a franchisee, who pays a royalty and often an initial fee for the right to do business under the franchisor's name and SYSTEM.'

Caps mine. That clearly insinuates less than 100% independence. To whit all the lawsuits when that independence goes a bit too far on either side, and it is understood there are certain linkages there that can be easily construed as conspiracy and they may well hold up in court as such.

·
Registered
351 Posts
'You simply see a conspiracy theory where there is none as franchises work independently.'

I'd be careful with that, according to franchise.org........

'A franchise (or franchising) is a method of distributing products or services involving a franchisor, who establishes the brand's trademark or trade name and a business SYSTEM, and a franchisee, who pays a royalty and often an initial fee for the right to do business under the franchisor's name and SYSTEM.'

Caps mine. That clearly insinuates less than 100% independence. To whit all the lawsuits when that independence goes a bit too far on either side, and it is understood there are certain linkages there that can be easily construed as conspiracy and they may well hold up in court as such.
Of course they act as a representative but he blames Ford Motor Co for some moron at a dealer shorting him the clips as if it were Ford's policy or that they somehow encourage it among their dealers(franchisees) as part of their "system" of selling parts. As in my comparison to McDonalds you don't hear the main corporation getting sued every time a customer gets shorted a cheeseburger. You take it up with the manager or owner of the restaurant. Common sense really and few reasonable people refuse to ever go to a McDonalds or any other food chain ever again because one restaurant shorted them on an order at the drive thru.

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
Interesting you bring McDonald's up as I was trapped by location at one job to go there predominantly and as a little personal experiment I decided to see how many mistakes they would make over time. Some of the things I counted as such WERE petty and not worth mentioning except during this little study I did. To get on with it, they messed up around 35 times straight before they did everything right. I WAS throwing them a bit of a curve ball. Double quarter pounder with cheese combo and I removed catsup and only used mustard and added bacon to it.

I got them with one beef patty, I got one with NONE, only veggies on it. Catsup only, with tomato (NO!), diet drink instead of normal, with lettuce (wrong), no fries, in short you can change that up at least 35 ways to be wrong over and over. The most amazing part was that the mistakes often had nothing to do with the way the order was changed, you expect bacon missing when you order it as it is NOT a norm, but they couldn't even put the basic sandwich together right.

Whereupon I conjured up the 'Rule of McDonald's' to replace the Peter Principle as a limiter to upwards movement in business. The rule states that at some point all the people who worked at McD and did not care enough to be able to make the same order over right 10 times in a row would be moving outward into the rest of the world to do much more damage than they did while working at McD. We now see them at businesses in higher up positions and the mistakes are often huge now. We used it to possibly explain how college people could make repeat mistakes at my son's shipping company to the tune of $50K-$80K losses a MONTH and since then it has gotten even worse as he moves around. It is unbelievable how many people now can get paid $25/hr.+ to do some of the stupidest mistakes we've ever seen. Take the losses mentioned, they gave that plant supervisor an award for exceptional performance and believe me when I say that was the least of the things he did wrong.

So, if you see 'Rule of Mcdonald's' you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Coincidently, McDonald's is the example in this case. It's a simple but accurate enough resin why I hold BOTH the dealership AND Ford responsible. As previously stated, the manager was indeed contacted where he quickly jumped on board his parts counterperson's opinion.
No conspiracy, this all happened. I have emails confirming that this practice of breaking up parts bags to sell individually is a common practice. My theories of what could be happening don't play into this at all.
It's a scam using Ford parts at a Ford dealership. Ford needs to know this is happening. Fords customers need to know this is happening. And here's a good one... Insurance companies need to know this is happening. If they decide to look into this, I believe they will find insurance fraud as well. Thy might get ford's attention since my issue isn't big enough to deal with by itself.
If my information and claims are incorrect, Ford and Dave and Andy have nothing at all to worry about about.

·
Registered
2006 ZX4 2.0 Automatic
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I should probably throw in, their reasoning is that they have to buy these from Ford individually.
Doesn't Ford have to buy the tires that come on f250's and such individually as well?
It's totally irrelevant howw Ford buys or sells anything to their dealers. They are SOLD in packs of 4.
You saw the picture of the bag. They are juicing people for return fees and sticking them with a 1/4 of their order if they aren't willing to spend shipping and take a 20% returned item 'handling fee'. This is fraud. Period.
If Ford were your company, wouldn't you want to know? If they were stealing money from your body shop in this manor, wouldn't you want to know?
If I am wrong, this will take up no more than a little time and an exceptional explanation.

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
It is what it is, better to simply figure out how to go around the issue as you will never get a corporation to agree with you. The R way is to soak the general public like that and what creative merchandising is all about.

I was told years ago by multiple parts counters that Ford shipped in multiple filled bags with the amounts on them for inventory purposes for the staff to know what a full bag amount was at inventory costing time and the number had nothing whatsoever to do with pricing OTC, they priced apiece. It makes sense and they will do what they are going to do. Ebay just did what it does, confuse the issue.

You will find examples of every major company marking up in ways like that and entire revenue streams are built on it, no way are you going to be changing that.

Myself, it's useless to get steamed up about it, better to spend the time working out ways to never need those whopping overpriced parts at all and what I spend my time doing. People that think they must have the exact same part to every last detail are the ones that spend megabucks for no reason to keep the glass and steel showrooms nice and pretty. I got tired of people saying 'that part may work but it doesn't look the same' when I was in parts, if they are silly enough let them spend 3X-5X more for what does no better job at all. Fear is $$$$$ and the corporations drill that into you as a consumer every second of the day.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts