Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did everything u had listed on that page... jumping the wire and all the nice stuff with that... anyway looked at my wire a few days ago after the road trip... Not at the 20-40fuse but the big grey one... It was scorthed about 4inches on it. Basicly i could see the wires.... pulled it off and the back of that fuse is chared and melted down.... I didnt do anything wrong with wiring it.... so what could this be?

Soaper

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Hrm... to clarify a few things...

1) After you were done with the wiring, did you put the Grey Relay back in? I'm asking this because you said that it was charred and melted down. I'm not certain how that could happen unless you put the relay back in.

Not sure what could have caused the wiring to be scorched... maybe the metal from the relay and the metal from the terminal disconnect were touching causing extra heat, which caused everything to be wacky...

The only problem I've had with my wiring is that since I've had mine in for a little over 8 months or so now, I think the winter season gave the wiring a beating and started to turn the terminal disconnect greenish. So I have recently cut off the bad part, reinstalled the terminal disconnect and it's all good. I haven't had any scorching or fuses melting down though...

Any more details you could add?

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts