Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a few mods for Christmas and I want to know what you guys would think a rough estimate of my whp, tq, and quarter mile times would be. Thanks. The only reason I ask is b/c I don't have any money for dyno time and the California Speedway is only open in the summer.

FR 9mm plug wires
AF/X UDP
Iceman Intake w/add-on duct
FC 65mm throttle body
FocusSport 4-1 Race Header
Trubendz 2.5'' SS flex pipe
Trubendz 2.5'' Borla Cat-back
Steeda Tri-AX/F Short Shifter.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
can't really say with those mods and no cam gears... if your lucky, 131-2whp, if your not, 110-115whp. torque, 136wtq high/120wtq low... 1/4... 15.2-15.9

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K, that sounds like a more reasonable quarter mile estimate b/c some guy on FJ said I would be a mid to low 16.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
lol, if your an automatic...nothing like having a grand in mods and running slower than a stock one, um no

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm definately MTX. Couldn't live without it. [:)] . What would you suggest next Kickn? I plan on possibly going FI in the future with either a vortec supercharger or Bell Engineering Turbo kit. Would you suggest FR stage 1 or 2 cams? Or Crower Stage 1 or 2 cams?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
both the revised stage 2's and FR's are good, i'd choose FR's for the broader curve over crowers though...even though i have crowers, certainly not disapointed with them. next...i seriously say get the damn cam gears and dyno the car, specially with the exhaust, intake being pretty much done, i garuntee it would put down better numbers. being your in cali and need a carb # i say skip the came and do vortech if it gets the # or a big boost JRSC

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I know about the cam gears and dyno tuning, that's why I didn't mention them. I plan on probably FC cam gears. The only reason why I don't just buy a Vortech is b/c it's 3 grand and cams and cam gears only adds up to about $600 or so and then add a few extra bucks for installation and dyno tuning. Also, I know that I will definately be illegal with a race header so do you think I should get a resonator? Where could I find one? I don't want to get any fix it tickets if I can help it.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
call up focus central, i think they sell the 28" magnaflow pretty cheap

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, it won't restrict me at all will it? Also, do I have to get it welded in by an exhaust shop or is it kinda like a bolt-on to the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I just got back from the strip a few minutes ago with my mods listed below I ran a 16.032 at 84.915 mph.that was on my last run I had made 4 runs before that and my times improved everytime.I may could have got into the 15.9's if i would have kept goin but i was tired of runnin her hard.

off topic: srt-4 there went 13.7

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You probably would have been in the 15's with no body kit right? Or does that not weigh down you car that much?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I dont have the body kit on yet Saleen keeps sendin me the wrong parts but the body kit isnt heavy at all.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
its heavier and will cause more drag...but on a side note, saleen: what was your 60ft and where were u shifting?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
2.40 and i was shifting about 5,800.I was having problems getting the right rpm's off the line because I just put the throttle body on friday and it reving so quick when you barely touch the gas pedal and i wasnt running anyone at first and it was hard to get the right rpm's before the lights started goin.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
cool, with some better shifting and launch you could turn 15.7's..not bad

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Everytime I ran I got better my first pass i ran a 16.4 . I wasnt going to run the last time i ran the 16.0 i was scared of breaking somethincuz I had an hour drive home and I dont have no money to fix anything if i would break somethin lol. I'm still on the stock tires there old and gettin pretty wore down.

·
Registered
697 Posts
well if i tune my cams once i get them, with the list of parts i got, i should run low15's then? sound right kick'n?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
nick: with the list of mods you have with cams and headwork...you should be runnin mid 14's...w/ nitrous should be runnin low 14's

1 - 20 of 23 Posts