·
Registered
2,192 Posts
thats drop it this was a useless topic to start with thats nto have it again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robert you gay bob, these other guys are right, let's drop it. Not point in arguing with a dumb a## such as you who can't remember why you got pissed off, or what the argument was about. The point is vtec technology is fantastic (if you have any idea how engines, camshafts, etc. work), but Honda's execution of the technology is poor because they give up torque for high RPM power when, if the technology was used properly, they do not have to. Like you they are dumb a#### too.

To everyone viewing this thread I want to apologize for the profanity, but he has been name calling us for some time now. It is only fair. Don't let these Honda guys spout off their know-nothingness (silly word I know) any more though! Still, this is it for me with this useless argument (useless because some of us know nothing about engines. Could it be TheOtherRobert??????)

·
Registered
92 Posts
First of all, you are the homo-gay. Second, your website sucks. I dont know why in the previous thread you told me to use it as reference. I went to it and all it was was a picture of your piss yellow 5.0, and you standing in front of it, a feedback thing that sends you an email. and a link to another page that crashed my computer when i went to it.
Ok, first of all, how are vtec motors other than 1.6 sacrificing torque? many 1.8 and 2.0L vtec motors pull 60 - 110 more horsepower than the zetec, depending on what motor you pick. Some of them have the at least same amount of torque that ours pushes (i believe 135 lb. ft) and many push out much more than that. anywhere from 140 - 150, but probably somewhat less than that. If this technology is so fantastic, why did ford not use it on the zetec? zetec does not even take advantage of dohc by using vvt. It might as well be sohc with 16v. It would have been much cheaper. vtec is a lot better. please quit bashing hondas for absolutely no reason except blind hate. You do not deserve to speak of hondas and do not deserve to live because you are obvously the lowest form of life that could ever exist. If you dont believe me, i have provided the following equation.

all > tubgirl > mattsstang87

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
um not really man Hinda just so happens to putthere VTECs in there "faster" cars so they just so happen to turn there engines up. Ford just hasn't went beyond the SVT with it's ZETEC. What ur saying is like Porcshe gets way more hp out of there 4 bangers then ford does. How can u compare what the company does with them? If ford wanted to they could get there engines to VTEC hp NA

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
SVT has a VCT on it, but what friggin diff does it make, you can get cam gears and tune it to be the way you like it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Solaris, most vtec motors (4 cyl) have about the same compression as our cars, dohc, and 16 valves. what makes these motors better other than vtec. Yeah, the better engines just happen to have vtec. Ok, sure.

Mofocus, yes they do. and only on the intake or exhaust side. i forgot which. not to mention that vct is the cheapest form of vvt and gains the least performance. Cam gears do not affect valve timing. Also, the svt is a much better engine all around than the normal zetec.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
they have it on the intake side

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
adjust cam gears don't adjust valve timing?...there sure as hell do.

and before you say something...here
If the intake valves open at 10 degrees before top dead center (TDC) and close at 190 degrees after TDC, the total duration is 200 degrees. The opening and closing times can be shifted with adjustable cam gears to rotate the cam ahead a little as it spins. For example, if we advance the intake cam 5 degrees then the inlet valves would open 5 degrees earlier. The intake open timing would shift to 15 degrees BTDC and the intake valve would also close earlier by the same 5 degrees. In the example above, the valve timing would be IO at 15 degrees BTDC and IC at 185 degrees ABDC....

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Robert you clearly do not have a good grasp on internal combustion engines. Please leave your opinions on engines out of discussions and only state facts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my bad. But yeah i looked at the website kickn copied and pasted that from and he is right. sorry. did not mean to upset the baby jesus or whatever by making a false statement. Calm down.

SVTAME
Please shut up. You are a waste of life. All you do is cheer on people who insult me. cut it out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.