Votes: 5 7.4%
  • tune

Votes: 63 92.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having a tough time deciding I have the money to either buy a used nitrous kit off a friend and go with a 35-50 shoot or buy toms tune Im trying to make up my mind so help me decided. (The part that is hanging me up is that you have to keep refilling nitrous at about 80 dollars a 20lbs bottle when I could buy a tune and get around 10hp and have it all the time.)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm going to have to say go with the tune. It will improve your ride alot

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
Ehh

So I am having a tough time deciding I have the money to either buy a used nitrous kit off a friend and go with a 35-50 shoot or buy toms tune Im trying to make up my mind so help me decided. (The part that is hanging me up is that you have to keep refilling nitrous at about 80 dollars a 20lbs bottle when I could buy a tune and get around 10hp and have it all the time.)
go with a tune nitrous scares me[scream]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You will need a tune to safely run nitrous if I remember correctly, without it you could damage your engine.

Tune FTW!!!!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
It would depend if you can get a deal on flasher + dyno tuning, if it were that I'd wait and do everything at once because you will want to have a good nitrous tune. If they are separate, go ahead and get a base tune and start saving for nitrous and dyno tuning.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
personally, I like the idea of on tap power w/ n20, but you can't go wrong w/ a tune either!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Go for the tune. Boost it later. It's cheaper in the long run if you like to go fast. The diablo can be used to tune fi. So it will be one less thing to buy later.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Tune!!!

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
You will need a tune to safely run nitrous if I remember correctly, without it you could damage your engine.

Tune FTW!!!!
I would say this guy is the winner , If there was going to be a winner [cheers]

You need a tune to safely run Nitrous , you need to run at least one step colder plugs , remove some timing unless your going to run 100+ octane when in the nitrous and run 1 to 2 jet sizes larger with the fuel side of the nitrous to be safe

Tom

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Tune you will enjoy much more... You cant spray everytime you press your pedal

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack but i was looking into nitrous myself, ive got a turbo already with the turbo tune, so what kind of tune would be needed for nitrous? I mean id only be using the nitrous on the track so it wouldnt be used all the time, how does that work? Would the turbo tune work with the nitrous?

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack but i was looking into nitrous myself, ive got a turbo already with the turbo tune, so what kind of tune would be needed for nitrous? I mean id only be using the nitrous on the track so it wouldnt be used all the time, how does that work? Would the turbo tune work with the nitrous?
If you only do it at the track and your Turbo tune is a good safe tune then just fill up with some 110 at the track and let her eat , I wouldnt do a boost tune then add nitrous with out a boost/nitrous tune

Tom

1 - 20 of 32 Posts