1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have it narrowed down to supercharging with a centrifugal unit
so its between thses two.

now fight to the death!!!!! lol.

peopple running both setups please chime in with details, and goods/bads of the supercharger you have. (as longs as its one of these two.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i have neither but saw a vortech kit on ebay starting at 999.00 bidding for either svt or zx3 so that might sway your mind but again i have neither but i figured id tell you that

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I read a thread a long time ago, and the procharger just kicks the vortechs ass.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i was procharged for a wile. its so easy to install, very upgradeable, (as i added a FMIC) no oil lines to run, sounds bad ass, its just a great supercharger.

mines for sale by the way, made 253 whp @ 8psi, on the stock kit.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I would get a procharger just from what I have read.

More Power
Easy Install
Reliable
Good Customer Service
Quality Parts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm. so there is a service issue with the vortech for getting any work done?
that sucks. it seems everything ive heard has shown good results when boosting a stock block wit ha procharger so looks like my tax return (which should be substantial) is going toward a procharger.
now first i need an xcal 2 so that way tome can email me a baseline so i can get down there without frying it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
FWIW Hillbish Ford (Mike aka B16) is a ProCharger authorized dealer if you want to go the "new" route.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
I would go turbo and quit screwing around with SC BS , I am taking a Vortech and a PC off SVT`S right now to go to what they both wish they had gone with from the start and both SC made well over 300HP and there still taking them off

SC suck

Tom

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
No Torque, Bad MPG, High IAT's minus the procharger w/intercooler

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
You're never going to be as efficient as a turbo with a supercharger. Turbo's are better in most ways. I'm sure Brenton knows how to use Search, and therefore knows all this. I'm pretty sure he started this thread to choose between a Vortech and a PC, not to choose between SC and turbo.

He might want to go SC for the simplicity or reliability claimed... JRSC is supposed to be really reliable, but I know that even it can cause a whole slew of problems.

Brenton- I'm actually curious, why do you want to blow the car? You are a welder, so you should be able to do a pretty sweet turbo setup on the cheap, right?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im sorry guys but I really must disagree. SC's aren't as bad as you say they are. For example, look at the Powerworks kit. That's about as reliable as you can go with FI. And (IMO) just about the best kit out there. And turbos are better in most ways? How? There is as many bad things about turbos as there is about blowers. Its all just a matter of preference. So don't be telling people that SC's are bad news and not to get one just because you're bias, and have a turbo. Its all a matter of what you want. Not what other people on the forum want.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well to answer yes i'm a welder. unfortunaltly idont ah facilities or a the tools a home for custom fab stuff like that (wish i did. then i can have a few cars running my parts,lol)

if i went torbo. it would have to be a toms kit. but none can be found anymore ever. only reason is that it looks like it belongs there. not may of the other kits i ahve seen looks so damn good. maybe its the chrome piping. i'm more of a black or gunmetal kind of guy. chrome is a bitch to keep clean and i really dont have time for that.

plus she's my only car. so at max for build time its around a day or two.

as it is that mya be pushed back i have to get a paint qoute so i can get the car looking spiffy again. (changing colors, for the better)

ugh its just so much work. i really have no clue where to start.
i ahve suspension,brales,wheels and tires. and not a lot else.
my stereo is jsut about done. jsut gotta get 2 sets of boston components and really small 5 channel amp. (i decided i wont use that big ol kicker. it wouldn't really fit the stealth thing i have going on a bit at the moment.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
well to answer yes i'm a welder. unfortunaltly idont ah facilities or a the tools a home for custom fab stuff like that (wish i did. then i can have a few cars running my parts,lol)
one day, one day!!

Yep, a turbo kit would probably take more than the downtime you stated you can afford. But honestly, any of the other kits might take longer, too.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
true. only thing that sucks is not havinga baseline tune to get to a dyno shop. and there really aint to good of shops around here (massive is the closest, and we know how tom feels about that,lol.)

too bad i cant find a powerworks zetec kit. all i ever see or hear of is the svt kit. and i know there are pw'd zetecs.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
Yeah :/

FWIW Tom is sending me a baseline tune for my car with teh PRP, and I'm going to try to finish it out from there on my own.

This might be a dumb/answered question, but what keeps you from using an svt PW kit? Is it doable with modification?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think the ports on the head are different.
but i may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah computers really arent my bag.

and poopstains, i cant find the color i want to reapint it. so it might go to my epic fall back color. SCREAMING YELLOW

1 - 20 of 27 Posts