Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SC would be better for the svtf? price differences and any other info that anyone has would be great
thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not another one...

Have you even searched on here? This has bean covered countless times.

But here's my opinion. Stock for stock the Vortech H.O. is better, looks better, sounds better, les maintance, more power. jmho

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Powerworks IMO... It is an easier install and can make very good power. Nothing wrong with the vortech, but it looks like a real bear to install.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Vortech is not hard to install. Everything is alot easier to reach since it is on the front rather than the back like the Powerworks.

I also have yet to see a Powerworks run a decent time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am really happy with my Powerworks kit. I got 14 lbs of boost right out of the box and at just 2800 rpm, I get 9-10 lbs of boost. My car pulls so hard at lower rpms and you don't have to spin the crap out of the motor to get decent power. Also, one of the best things about the PW kit is the whine of the blower. It is so loud!

And as far as 1/4 mile times, I run consistant low 14's at 102-103 mph. And that is spinning down the 1st half of the track. I can't wait to get a LSD and slicks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's the differance, your 14lbs vrs my 13lbs. I've ran 13.4s at 12lbs. Now at 13lbs, last week in 90+ weather, I ran a 13.9 with a bad clutch and street tires. That's with a 2.4 60 ft time, and shifting between 6k and 6700 rpms depending on when it starts to slip, and no powershifting. It's not the amount of boost you have, it's how much air you can flow at a cool temp.

Like I said before, the Vortech H.O. is the way to go as far as superchargers on the SVT Focus. Hands down, nothing can touch it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
how about for a road course, which would be better.

·
Registered
582 Posts
eurotrashvrt said:
how about for a road course, which would be better.
I'd have to go Vortech again. On a road course your in the upper RPMs 95% of the time so it doesn't matter.

Now for autocross, I'd go with the Powerworks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys thanks for the info...I do like the sound of the vortech, it's just about the 4,500 pricetag I guess. But of course it might be well worth it right?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What about the Procharger? Doesn't that run decent times and make decent power too?

·
Registered
284 Posts
overall, any type of centrifigual charger is best. no matter what brand..theyre light years more efficient then a paxton or roots based system.

id go with vortech, just because of the experience i have with them, and also...air/water intercooler is a nice piece that makes a hell of a difference. Its more expensive yes...but you definitely get what you pay for in terms of power.. 270+ at the crank with a good tune. not bad for 8lbs of boost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts