Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Sickness there is a Video I saw over on focal jet of some guy who did the car moved like all hell

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I've read that the tuning is still being tweeked, even still with the bugs to be worked out. 266 WPH is nice, I would take it. [;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the question is how much torque is it pushing as turbo tom has said supercharges make big hp numbers but not big torque

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I researched it awhile back and i just remembered the numbers

The addition of the V-5 F-Trim supercharger will increase horsepower from 170 to 276 and torque from 145lb./ft. to 204lb./ft. at approximately 10 psig at the flywheel. that sounds a lil high on the hp but even so I dunno how much faster ur 0-60 and 1.4 mile times are gonna be

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Vortech boosts 10 psig while the jackson boosts only 6. But the torque end up about the same.... I watched something on speed vision a while ago about the jackson supercharger and it being built just for the SVT. So you say the vortech gives 106 hp right and the jackson gives you 55.... I'd go for the vortech if theres no problems with it.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Vortech is about 5k the jackson is somewhere around 3k if im not mistaken
you get more horses with the Vortech but you pay more money

I've heard the 1/4 mile times with a Vortech are to be expected to be around 14 seconds (calculating 1/8 mile times they got some numbers) which would be a very good Would mean the SVT would now have enough power to hang with some faster cars (Neon SRT-4 Would get smoked same with a WRX)

·
Registered
36 Posts
what! 5 thou for a supercharger and you still can only do 14s. That better be low 14s cause my neighbors 2000 Civic SI does the quarter in 15.25 with only intake, headers, cat back exhaust and suspension. Plus grippy tires... If i get i supercharger i want to blow away cars like that, expecially 5 thousand bucks.

Were did you get that info seb? not tryin to dog on ya just wondering

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ManlySVTfocus said:
what! 5 thou for a supercharger and you still can only do 14s. That better be low 14s cause my neighbors 2000 Civic SI does the quarter in 15.25 with only intake, headers, cat back exhaust and suspension. Plus grippy tires... If i get i supercharger i want to blow away cars like that, expecially 5 thousand bucks.

Were did you get that info seb? not tryin to dog on ya just wondering
Well, there are rumors going around of people with AEM CAI and ORP getting consistent 15.0s. One person even said 14.9. Add a catback, and you should slightly improve. Add stickier tires like your buddy and you should go even faster. You shouldn't have any problems taking your neighbor...

As far as the vortech, I thought I heard high 13's somewhere, but don't quote me on that. Not enough people have this kit yet to be sure.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I said 14 flat proly but his numbers were more around 13.4 13.5 in the estimate which means your hanging with the STI and the EVO meaning hella serious power

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
for the SVT kit its like $4800

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Jackson Supercharger only has around 3-4 psi for the SVT. With the 10.1 compression it shouldn't run any high. The detonation would be terrible if you go any higher the 4 psi. The reason that the vortech can run that amound of boost is because of the Aftercooler. The cooler the air, the more boost you can run on a higher compression motor. LESS DETONATION!
Simple Physics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, i like those quarter times better. Mid 13s like you said. Actually, on a stock engine 14s with a supercharger does sound about right. I just want to blow away my buddy though. ha ha. Am I allowed to talk about other cars like that? Im a rook here

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i know that the vortech give alot more power than the jackson racing one, but does anyone know how it does on everyday driveability? My svt is my only transportation, and i don't need to spend like 4000 on a supercharger that's gonna kill my car

1 - 20 of 32 Posts