1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
Stay away from the Vortech kit just to hard on the install and Vortech no longer makes them and wont support them any longer

Look for Pro Charger or in my opinion go with a turbo

Tom

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You have to tap the block for oil with them don't you?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty sure you do ... but honestly, I assumed all s/c were enough work to warrant having someone else do the install. I don't really have a big enough garage (one car) to do an install anyway, and I hate screwing around underneath a jacked-up car, especially here in earthquake country (and yes, I have very good jackstands).

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Pretty sure you do ... but honestly, I assumed all s/c were enough work to warrant having someone else do the install. I don't really have a big enough garage (one car) to do an install anyway, and I hate screwing around underneath a jacked-up car, especially here in earthquake country (and yes, I have very good jackstands).
LOL you could install the procharger in about 30 min in a parking lot lol...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
yup....honestly the procharger the easiest of all sc to install. bolt up the brackets to the ac compressor, bolt up blower, bolt up intercooler, run piping, throw in injectors, mafia, and spark plugs and you're on your way....of course you have to get it tuned. When I took my kit off my car the other day it took about 30 min to uninstall everything...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts