Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i couldn't find the non-aftercooled kit on that website.

here are the #'s for the aftercooled kit:

2000-2003 FOCUS ZX3 H.O. SUPERCHARGING SYSTEM*
horsepower from 130 to 195 and torque from 135lb./ft. to 170lb./ft. at 8 psig at the flywheel

2002-2003 FOCUS SVT H.O. SUPERCHARGING SYSTEM
increase horsepower from 170 to 276 and torque from 145lb./ft. to 204lb./ft. at approximately 10 psig at the flywheel

if they sell it without the aftercooler than i'm assuming it comes with a different pulley to run less boost. Maybe it comes with different injectors also since you'll be running rich with the lower boost also.

If you trying to save $$$ have you looked at the Jackson Racing kits? I carry both....

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=5039290&Dept=341684

·
Registered
380 Posts
i actually plan on buying the vortech aftercooler at a later time. and it comes w/ the same size injectors as the other kits, and also, cfm is burning me a custom chip for the kit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh, and im looking for WHP, i dont think the numbers posted at superchargersonline are correct, cause how can 7 to 8 psi only give you 47 more hp at the crank/flywheel? when the JRSC gives less than that at the wheels w/ 7 to 8 psi

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Axman said:
Oh, and im looking for WHP, i dont think the numbers posted at superchargersonline are correct, cause how can 7 to 8 psi only give you 47 more hp at the crank/flywheel? when the JRSC gives less than that at the wheels w/ 7 to 8 psi
the JRSC should give less than that at the WHEELS. also are they giving you a different pulley to run less boost?

·
Registered
845 Posts
why does the ZX3 kit only have 8 psi and the SVT gets 10 psi? Is it because of rod strength because this seems like it'd be the opposite because of compression?

Someone in an earlier thread stated the stock ZX3 internals are good up to 14 psi. If this is true, then should someone tell Vortech? If it's good to 14, then Vortech should at least throw 10-11 at it.....to stay safe and all that.....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GonFishin said:
why does the ZX3 kit only have 8 psi and the SVT gets 10 psi? Is it because of rod strength because this seems like it'd be the opposite because of compression?

Someone in an earlier thread stated the stock ZX3 internals are good up to 14 psi. If this is true, then should someone tell Vortech? If it's good to 14, then Vortech should at least throw 10-11 at it.....to stay safe and all that.....
not a foci expert, but possibly the SVT as a better fuel setup as well has internals even with the higher compression.

if the stock internals can handle 14psi that is really suprising for me, is that with stock fuel setup?

i'm sure vortech did plenty of testing and determined that 8psi is the best for the setup they provide (fuel upgrade is only bigger injectors with that kit).

I believe Focus Power runs more boost on thier kits, but they are running bigger injectors than the votech kit i'm sure and the chip manages the A/F to run the bigger injectors and boost.

correct me if i'm wrong Focus Power, nice kits BTW.

·
Registered
380 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Axman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for this i also ment to wrote that the JRSC gives more than 47 whp at 7-8 hp
i just think theres something wrong w/ someones numbers....

·
Registered
380 Posts
well thats what vortech says about it. 9-10 w/ aftercooler and 7-8 w/o. dont know if this is true. i do plan on eventually getting the aftercooler. but not sure when.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts