Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I'm sure this question has been on here before, but does anyone know anything about putting the Volvo 5 cylinder motor in the ford focus?

The Ford Focus ST and RS both had variations of the 2.5L 5 cylinder Volvo motor under their hood. Furthermore the Volvo s40, s60, c30, and v50 all share the same platform with the Ford Focus and all have the 2.4 or 2.5 cylinder motor (depending on the year).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform

After reading the above wiki article, I got hopeful that this swap would be easy, but then again...if it was easy im sure more people would have done it already.

If it is do able, can someone provide me a list of the things I will need to do it?
does anyone have any information on putting the 5 cylinder motor into a ford focus?

- 02_ZTS

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Could be cool because its different. I had a C30 at my work a couple weeks ago and i was surprised how similar it looked to a focus. I really don't know that much, But, you can put any engine you want in, as long as you are willing to do the work involved. Look for a totaled Volvo with the engine you want. you will need a lot of parts, engine, trans, ecu, harness, engine and transmission mounts, axles that fit, plumbing... and plenty more.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I've heard some noise about this, but not seen anyone do it. I like the idea.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Those cars are not built on the same platform as ours. The engine bays are designed to have the wider 5 cylinder engine in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts