Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have done a volvo 2.3L turbo swap into a 2000-2004 focus? i currently have a 2.0L duratec 5-spd. is there any major madifications needed or is it pretty sraight forward? thanks

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
How do you have a duratec in a 2000 focus? They weren't offered until 2003.
I haven't heard of anyone at all doing a volvo 2.3 engine swap into a focus.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
moving you to engine swap forum...

·
Registered
209 Posts
he is saying will the motor fit into our mk1 chassis--- and that he has a duratech now in a mk1 car------ probly '03

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Does anyone know or have done a volvo 2.3L turbo swap into a 2000-2004 focus? i currently have a 2.0L duratec 5-spd. is there any major madifications needed or is it pretty sraight forward? thanks
That engine, which has been running around in several different forms, fuel injection systems, etc in Volvos since the mid-70's has nothing in common with the MZR (we call Duratecs) engine other than displacement.

If someone is trying to convince you about how car knowledgeable they are by telling you that you can swap an old SOHC Volvo RWD engine into your new Focus, then you should probably not listen to anything they have to say- ever.

(no I did not write that wrong, to my knowledge the B23 Volvo was never used in a FWD application, most Volvos are RWD up until the 850 which was a 5 cyl)

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
how about the 2.5L in line 5 cyl turbo volvo engine that came in the STOCK ford focus ST hatch (UK version)? i was interested in doing this awhile back but i gave it up when i realized how difficult it would be to track down parts. no i am not a moron. check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QZXrw279KE

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so yes I was completely wrong with my engine lol it has the stock still in i, which is Zetech, DOHC....right? lol I am very new at this so I need to learn regardless...and the engine swap was an idea from a friend who wasn't too sure so told to me to ask lol obviously not a good idea hah but any advice at all is appreciated...I have also posted under the induction topic about looking into getting a turbo....I have a cople responses so far but if you guys have any extra advice please post, title is "Just some questions about a turbo" in the inductions section. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts