Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a voltmeter today at autozone and had a few questions about it. 1. will the readings be the same no matter what 12v source i connect it to or does it just meassure that accessory? 2. i plan on getting two add-a-circuits. one for the backlight to the fuse for my headlight. and the second one i was going to connect the volt meter to so that it is on when the car is on. so windows or something but will that work if it is connected to the fusebox? and last i was thinking about mounting it above my headunit so i wont have to drill but any other suggestions for that?

·
Registered
524 Posts
you would get the most accurate reading by connecting the voltmeter to the battery

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
do you have headlight covers!?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a Scangauge in my car, and the voltage reading it shows is very accurate. Within .1 volt. Scangauge is hooked to obd2 port, and I compared reading at the battery. You should be fine wherever you hook up your gauge.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
even the fuse box?
yea thats where my + power source is. I found a fuse that gets turned on when i turn the key to run..just so happened to be my fog light...and i stripped the tip of a wire and shoved it in there with the fuse and it works like a charm. I even get voltage drops when i turn them on or just crank my fan from 0 to 4 haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts