Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was shopping online for different components for my focus, and i came across a voltage stabilizer. Now is this just a goofy trickery of wires to get people to buy it, or is it just like a resistor, (some of friends told me about the resistor), but anyways, its around 30 bucks with shipping included. I dont have a high-performance car or anything, i was just wondering if this could help me with my low-end rpm's and hp. I am new to this sort of thing if you cant tell, so input would be great.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i am curious as well, good question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, as i read about them on some more sources, it says when your voltage (subs, stereo, etc.) get on the low end.......this device boosts up the energy transmitted to them. So im just wondering if it is actually indeed a glorified resistor in a shiny box. If it isnt, hot damn, we got a winner

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have one on my car but i have not installed my amp and stuff back in it. I didn't see much of a difference with all the other electronics.. Its connects to the positive and grounds on the the body or frame. It all so has a shinny blue light ooooooo. But so far nothing special.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
bump for a possible answer from someone with experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so, wait, what you are saying if it is on ebay....then i should not buy it or i should buy it?? Lol, i am confused.

·
Registered
381 Posts
usually things on ebay are junk...IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts