Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any possible way that the Volant intake might get water in it? because by the look of it installed (http://www.volantperformance.com/Images/Parts_car/19420C/19420Cinstall.jpg) couldnt there be a way for water to be submerged into the opening? Like in heavy heavy rain, the past 2 weeks twice we had HEAVY A&& rain in my area, the streets were flooded with about a foot of water which shows you how hard its been raining. Basically im just trying to see if water and the volant would be a problem being that its sorta a short ram i wouldn't beleive it'd be a problem (i know CAIs would need a bypass valve)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Maybe if you had the scope and had it opened when it was raining you could????

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
The scoop doesn't exist in production form yet and if the Volant was to injest water through any of the intake tubes you would have much bigger problems as your car would probably have to be sitting in three feet of water............unless of course, as was already mention, you leave your hood open in a downpour with the engine running which would be a problem for most any intake Volant or short RAM.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah you would have to basically have the entire engine compartment under water and in that case, even the stock intake would be sucking in water, you would be [email protected]!#& a long time before it would get to that.

Never have read anywhere about someone 'hydrolocking' a VOLANT. Like I said, if it got 'that' bad with the water issue, ANY intake would do this....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts