Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone Have anything good or bad to say about the ram air, I have the volant intakw was thinking of getting this[cheers]

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
He is talking about this add on to the volant:

It usually cost $100 and the general feeling I've seen in almost every thread on this site is that it's not worth it for the price. If you can find it cheap on eBay then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
i think there are few around, but not much...i dont think they are currently been made by volant...
is a PITA if you want to install a strut bar...
a friend of mine had it for a while but eventually got rid of it...

i would buy it if i had a chance...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Hi guys, if anyone knows where to get one let me know, I'm looking for one but can not find it, or if anyone has one and wants to sell it give me a pm. I'd would appreciate.
Tnxs in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Im running an Air plenum RAI, which I customly fabricated, it frees up some horse power down low, and I still have my MAF hooked up... In the end, this ram Air looks not as impressive, but for 1/5 the price... it beats it but just doesnt look so pretty. I bought a 3'' - 2 1/2'' elbow and connected the larger side to the maf, and the smaller side to the air plennum (or air bell) which is widely available at autozone. All the tubing (rubber) was purchased at home depot, and for no more than $20 combined. It makes crazy power with the air bell, but this offers no filtration and living in new england during winter its not a very good Idea. I kept it on for 500 miles and changed the oil to see how it had effected the engine, not discoloration, but I played it safe and bought a cone filter so i wouldnt have to worry. Either way this mod can be both practical with a filter, or fun without... you can save alot of money for similar power. Any questions just pm me...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Any pics of your custom build air intake?

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
nice to see my car representing lol. Yea i wish it was closer to the end of the hood, but, the inlet is alot bigger then the stock snorkles. Is it worth 100 bucks as far as the performance goes, probably not, but honestly how many mods for our cars are worth the price we pay. I had that setup for a while and it sounds awesome, the scoop tones down the volumn of the volant a bit too. Also the scoop is smooth inside and direct.

Anyway, I will be selling my set-up when i get around to cleaning it up and taking pics. Most likly I wil be selling it as a complete package, sorry.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No pictures, might I add, its more of a short ram, but I will snap a few during daylight, the only thing about this intake is its loud... Really loud, especially right before vaulve timing... either way , like I said its not much to look at but the performance is deffinitly worth 20 bucks

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Looking forward to see the pics, it's not a bad idea to make it yourself it's actually very original. Since I already have the Volant air intake I might think of getting a custom build scoop in alu, that would look awesome too i guess.
Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
[

Not that impressive looking, I know... but it makes a difference, and I will snap a few of the real ram air with the velocity stack next time I get a chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts