Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with rain getting into the volant system? How about a short ram too? Just wondering which types of inductions would have a problem when it rains or snows since it happens so often up here in the NE. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It would probalby be easier to pick up a spork with your ass cheeks than it would to get water injested into your volant or short ram intake. Reasoning, The short ram is at the top of the engine near the hood, plan on driving through any 4 ft puddles? The volant uses the stock snorkel, which is right behind the grill, and it curves and snakes underneight the batter which makes it near impossible to get rain into the snorkel and into your box and intake your filter and intake your intake tubing and into your engine. the ONLY system you need to worry about is the long tube CAI's, which would be the BOMZ and the AEM long tube. With those, you could get a bypass valve which will make water injestion still possible, but not nearly as much as it would be without.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
volant is a short ram with a better tube, big air box, and air pathways to draw cool air.... any volant vs short ram the choice will always be volant. get any intake tho if ur not worried about consistency and power just not the long tubes if it rains

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know man picking up a spork with my ass cheeks is quite a challenge but I think it wouldn't be that hard! Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
259 Posts
black and gold

even if u do get a cold air i know they sell a peice not sure how much but if rain is sucked up it stops water from reaching the Tb

where in NE do u live????

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea, a by-pass valve... costs $30-$40. Worth the money from what I hear if you have the Cold Air Intake.

[:D]

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I'm from Maine, I have the Volant, I have never gotten water anywhere near the filter. The svt snorkel, doesn't let water get that far. It is still a sealed box, so it isn't a problem. And as far as having enough rain, it has been like a tropical storm here for 2 days, so you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts