Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thiniking about going from my AEM CAI to a volant with ram air kit. Does anyone have this or mainly pictures of this so I can see exactly where the kit goes etc, I am curious to know.. Mostly the ram air kit. I have seen threads of people needs to cut hood and all other crazyness. But I thought it would go somewhere else.

Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input on this

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It will fit without cutting anything. In fact, stock snorkel will connect to the hole in the bottom of the air box.

It's a great intake (so I've heard). If anyone has mentioned cutting the hood, they're taking about putting a hood scoop directly over the top of the air box for some ram air.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think this would be better over my AEM CAI? My aem stops right behind the radatior, due to the fact the 2nd bend that goes close to the ground broke. I have heard alot of good things about the volant, and it makes the engine look so clean..

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Personally, I'd rather an SRI with a heat shield than a CAI, mostly because of the possibility of hydrolock.

I haven't had the opportunity (or the money) to try either. But because the Volant has an air box, and pulls air in from behind the headlight and the stock snorkel, it will give you the benefits of an SRI, without the heat soak. Would it be better than the AEM CAI? I'm sorry, but I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have my stock snorkle ~_~ but I do plan to get another snorkle and also get the Ram Air Kit.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
The Stock snorkle isnt required for the intake, but it does help with getting cool air to the box, If you decide to buy a Volant you wont be sorry. Its the Best intake for the Zetec imo. I have one and i replaced my stock snorkle with an svt one for better air flow, also the plastic box and tube are more heat resistant that the metal tube that AEM and most other intakes use.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered one today, I think I may just order the Ram Air kit, versus the Snorkle unless I can find a dirt cheap SVT Snorkle.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I ran my Volant for years with no snorkel and could never find the ram air kit in stock anywhere. Loved the intake, sounds great and very minimal heat soak compared to my old metal tube shorty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts