Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Volant Intake for my car, it's very nice(just thought I'd throw that in for those followers and lovers of the intake) and I'm curious about the filter and thought I'd ask since I don't have that much knowledge on the subject. When I'm in the market for another filter, will I need to order a direct replacement from Volant, or they're recharge kit, or is it possible to get one from K&N or ITG that would fit? EuroZX3 didn't you go through this exact dilemma, what was the result? Thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
any recharge kit will work fine. all those filters are pretty much the same design. u can replace it with a k&n. im trying to figure out if the ITG filter will fit in but havent had much time to mess with it. i still gotta buy one to mess with.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Euro. Is this a 3" cone filter? I know I'd probably be able to find this stuff out on my own if I wanted to call Volant, but I have a feeling they'd say "our filter is the best ever". Is the biggest issue just fitting it in the box, or is the actual attachement site the problem?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey! Thanks for that info since I also have the volant.Here is another good question.How long should it be before I replace my filter, and for that matter,could I use the filter cleaning kit k&n offers? Just curious.
[}:)]

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am also curious as well....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
as long as its the paper type filter (or is it cotten?) and they are reusable filters, it should work pretty much the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts