Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on putting a volant in my svtf and it's got a clearance issue with the drivers side motor mount. I may be able to stuff just the box in but I got the ram air / scoop thing to take air from the front as well. I'm thinking of just running it open top w/o the scoop until I can figure out how to get the scoop to fit under the hood. Are the VF or Steeda mounts shorter?

Is anyone running the volant with the scoop on an svt that can send me some pics / info on how your's installed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was thinking about getting this for mine and I believe someone said something about potentially having to get a smaller battery for clearance issues with the ram kit.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
It's one of the best kits there is.

One can always relocate the battery(it's best to use an AGM type=no leakage)to the hatch area.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You might have to cut a hole at the bottom of the box in order to clear that motor mount.

That was me that recently found out you needed a smaller battery to fit the scoop.

I'm thinking one day I'm gonna try out one of those Braille batteries.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an optima red top and what I did was cut a bit of the battery tray so the it can lay on it's side. It's still not a good fit so I'm going to relocate to the trunk once I find a great deal on the mount/kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts