Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:

Tonight I installed my volant!!!.And I have to say I am very pleased with the performance this and the magnaflow catback have made.Took the car for a 1/2 HOUR test drive and this are my impressions:

a)The idle is still very smooth, so no change there
b)The car almost sounds like it has a turbo on!!!(cool sound)
c)The torque curve and overall responsiveness of the car has blown me away!!It felt at times like the car had a little too much torque for the wheels.
d)THe install went ok, only thing that was a little weird is that the surround rubber for the airbox was a little to big than the hole.If anyone out there can give me feedback on this on whether i should cut it for a perfect fit or leave it as is.(the excess has been tucked on the side of the air box.

I have seen a lot of fanatics here use iceman, AEI, Injen and etc. I am sure they are very nice in performance.From my point of view having only tried the volant intake, it gets my 2 thumbs up!!!>I will continue to monitor the intake with the next couple of days and report anithing worth noting.
[thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ya cut the seal to fit the box thats what i did

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah I got the volant and a new tb and it is nice. It makes a nice sound at 2800+ rpms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts