Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be a dumb ?, but how much more air do they actually bring in? I can see the volant and FC because of the cone filters. Couldn't you just cut a hole in the side of the box and get the same effect? Please hear me out. The stock intakes have a snorkle that already brings in cool air. The ice man just replaces the stock filter and tubing? How is that diff than stock other than the filter, is the tubing larger? The volant/FC has the hole on top but is of no use unless you have the ram air hood. It does have a cone filter and a hole on the right(drivers) side of the box so you can run another snorkle elsewhere, but the snorkle is put in the sam pos as stock. So, that is my reason for saying put a K&N filter and cut a hole in the box and run the extra snorkle. This is just something I noticed and would want to hear what other ppl have to say about it?
It just seems to me that they are a waste of money - I would think the "short ram" styles and the AEM CAI(which I have) would be the best bet.

Blast away.

Ok, just read removing the resonator will do the same as "cutting a hole in the box"

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
aftermarket piping is much larger, doesn't have the ribbing, usually made of material to help reduce temps

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The Iceman brings in more air from the previous methods stated by Kickn. Also, the Iceman is good for people like me who don't want a huge Cone filter sound coming out from the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts