Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be ordering my Volant CAI and FC 65mm TB (along with the bracket for the ATX) tomorrow and I was curious how long it would take for a moderatly skilled person to install them?

And if anyone has any tips or cautionary warnings on installing them, that would be great.

I wasn't figuring it would be too difficult but I was curious. [:)]

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i could do it in 30... but ive done both multiple times. first time the intake took 20, tb abotu 25... so shouldnt take u much longer than an hour. dont forget to reset ur ecu :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks guys. [:)]

·
Registered
717 Posts
Throttle body, 1/2 hour, 15 minutes after you've done it a half dozen times :) That's without boring out the intake manifold to match the t/b size. That's really optional...

Take your time, don't drop any of the screws down into the engine area... Don't drop anything down the intake manifold either... If you are working outside, put a white sheet under your car, just in case you do drop a screw, you'll be able to find it, rather than trying to find it in the grass, gravel or whatever....

Check out the How-To article on myFordFocus.com to make sure you have all the right tools, namely the #25 and #30 Torx bits.

The Volant, probably about the same amount of time. Again, take your time and careful what you drop... The Icemand and/or MAC intake installs on the myFordFocus.com How-To Library should give you a good idea at what you are up against, at least how to remove the stock intake.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Volant like 45 mins for me the t/b well it depends took like an hour the 1st time i put it on took 20mins the 2nd time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts