Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues w/ visibility w/ this? It is a fairly large sized box they seem to use for this behind the rearview mirror.

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have it on my SEL... its a skinny black V about 6" long

Unless you are scanning the sky I don't see how it would be a visibility problem. Its not in your field of view if your eyes are on the road. If it concerns you that much try to find a Focus on a dealer lot in your area that has it and test drive. I don't have any problem with it but your mileage may vary....

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Its almost completely blocked by the rear view mirror and thus is not in your field of view. The windshield on this car is absolutely massive so no problem whatsoever. The rain-sensing function works incredible though and I never would've guessed how much I actually like the feature.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i didn't even notice it when i was test driving...i did see that the rear view mirror was a bit large and it's probably because of the auto dimming feature

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had no idea where the rain sensor was until I read the above post. It's definently not obstructing my view. And I do love the rain sensor wipers - - at least so far. I've only had my Focus SEL for a week and only had a small amount of rain one day - - but they sure worked well then. If was great not to have to constantly change an interval selector switch as rain got heavier or lighter - - something I had to do on previous vehicles - - in this car the rain sensor took care of that!

·
Registered
297 Posts
My bride's panzer (Audi A4) has the rain sensor, as did the VW Passat that preceded it; no doubt the same technology, and generally a nice feature.
It is possible to fox it if the rain hits an odd spot or is falling lightly, but generally it perceives how much swipe is needed.
You'll likely like the feature; our car is to come with it.
Moon

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
no vision problems due to this being on the w/shield however, the auto wiper option sucks... it never is in sync (no pun) w/ how hard it's raining... in a mist the wipers wipe too often and so often wipe a dry or almost dry windhield... in a heavier intermittent rain they swipe too often... it's maddening.. i wish i could just shut off the auto feature and do it myself...!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Doesn't block the view whatsoever. I think the rain sensing feature works nice. Only had to use it once and it was nice not having to adjust for varying rain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi - am not particularly clear - are you saying that you can't use the wipers in "manual" mode? that you "have" to use the auto-sensing mode? (if the car comes w/ it)

that does seem like it would be "bothersome"...

·
Registered
297 Posts
hi - am not particularly clear - are you saying that you can't use the wipers in "manual" mode? that you "have" to use the auto-sensing mode? (if the car comes w/ it)

that does seem like it would be "bothersome"...
The ones in the Audi can be run manually for fast and slow; assume that the Ford will work the same way.
Moon

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had no idea where the rain sensor was until I read the above post. It's definently not obstructing my view. And I do love the rain sensor wipers - - at least so far. I've only had my Focus SEL for a week and only had a small amount of rain one day - - but they sure worked well then. If was great not to have to constantly change an interval selector switch as rain got heavier or lighter - - something I had to do on previous vehicles - - in this car the rain sensor took care of that!
Wait how is it you have them on an sel. I thought they were only available on the titanium like the push button start....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts