Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those of you who want to make a Mach/Euro headlight harness and have to buy those expensive ass jumper harnesses from ford at $40 each.

WARNING! This requires you to disassemble the factory headlight! So it would be wise to have an extra set or to have your new headlights!

First step it to bake your headlights (as if you were to black the housings). One of many how tos can be found here.

After removing the lense, you would be staring at the black backing of the headlight, and the reflector bowl.

To remove the reflector bowl, there will be 3 clips holding it on. One on the inner part of the headlight, and two on the outer. I could not for the life of me remove them by pulling them out (there are two tabs on each side, that grabs onto the bottom of the ball-on-a-stick looking bolt). But the two outer ones came off easily with a 90 degree twist using some pliers.

Now, slide the reflector bowl out, and you will see the harness. On the backside of the headlight, there are two clips holding the plug in. Release the clips and the harness pops right out!

Now all theres left to do would be to cut off the H4 plug and solder up your adapter harness!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have been grabbing them from smashed headlights from a local salvage yard that specializes in Focuses. I also found the pigtails for HID's on a smashed EAP SVT.[:D]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts