Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fanatics. thscc is hosting a track weekend on the full course at vir 2/14 and 15. i know of at least 4 foci that will be on track including myself (precluding a snowstorm). come and freeze with us!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
NUTS! I will be in Indianapolis for the big dealer show, that sounds like fun, I love doing stuff in the cold!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cold

the only bummer is they are not allowing camping. with my propane heater its very viable and easier w/the race dogs. the 150 bucks for room, even tho discounted, would almost pay for a test day at summit point. i'll let you know when we'll be there as soon as summit puts out their schedule. for sure w/nasa on 5/21 and 22.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Nice to see a car guy that likes to camp. We have always camped, part for the money and for the comerodery ( spelling?). every oncer in a while sleep was hard , but we always had fun. It amazes me how many race folks would leave and go home at the slightest cold or bad weather. The only race I ever won in Sound of singles was in the pouring rain!!!. I was in the top five plenty , but that was the only one I won!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
camping

lets see. camryatery, nah. cameraderie? i think. yes to camping. i'd rather camp when its cool. i can make heat not a/c for tent. and power is plentiful at vir. my 9x9 dome is the one i use for cold weather. just a tarp over and under it,and it can actually get too warm with a small ceramic heater. a little cramped at times with the dogs and wife but doable. and its much more fun benchracing long into the night when you can just crawl off to bed. and sleep later in the morning. i'll still bring tent to vir for trackside comfort in the daytime. it gonna be chilly. just dying to get car back. maybe two more weeks.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yes, that looks right,cameraderie...We camp with our dog in the tent as well, its funny the looks you get in the morning from some folks. With us it is two small kids, the wife and I and one big tent hogging yellow lab. We call him the foam dog. He will foam into fill any space you leave him...lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dogs

its cause of the dogs i went back to camping. the turf motel in charles town now charges a 50 fee, whether you stay 1 night or a week. the northgate is better. i think 10 bucks, but still it all adds up. i'd rather hang and save money. camping an average of 20 nights a year pays for the real priorities-tires,beer and entry fees.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Priorities, that is what always hurts with the bikes..The tires. I know you have four to buy, do you get more than a hot weekend out of them ( we used to get one good race day and some practice on a set of tires...ouch. I'm sure the big horsepower and weight cars eat them , but how about your svt??

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tires

used up 6 totally last year. two are still good for the rear. am picking up 6 more next week. the kuhmos are pretty good as far as wear. tried hoosiers but they go away fast. as a rule i carry 6 to 8 dries and 4 wets when we go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.