Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i forgot where i put original thread, duh. at this point w/vir just a little over 3 weeks away, 12 foci will be on track. should be interesting. i moved myself from white run group to green to be with the other foci. we compromise about 1/3 of that run group. we are now doing the good weather dances. for reminder it is at vir outside of danville va. on the sat. and sun after turkey day. most of us are heading down fri.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Soory I won't be there, I will put in a prayer for some good weather, see ya' soon at one of the others[:D]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I was thinking about this today and I don't think I wanna go all the way down there. Sorry but Richmond (or whatever that place is close to it) is too far for me to drive. Sorry again and I hope that you have a nice and beautiful day that day.[:D]

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vir

i appreciate the thoughts. we'll get hal to post some pictures on fj. hope to see you guys in jan. or up at summit point.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vir

early reg was 225, i dont know what it is now or even if there any openings. there are 4 run groups and only 40 cars per group. if you want call the organizers, g and w motorsport (very big in the rolex series), at i think 4348228180. talk to charrissa. even if you dont run, there are a few foci coming to hang out. to spectate is free. if you want to see the track, go to www.virclub.com. there are pictures and a video. gorgeous place. 3.27 miles long. and the fee includes a banquet, some drinls and a decent shirt.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I agree beautiful trtack, say hi to the big spider for me!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huh

ok vin you got me. the big spider? btw got the toy back thurs. from kearney racing. it is oh my god amazing. it rotates like its a rwd car. we're running 275lbs front and 350 rear on the coilovers. plus installed on of srf's great rear strut bar (www.adamsracing.net for pics). cant weight for vir. may even run at summit w/emra next weekend.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
big spider

Rotates like a rear wheel drive? now that is what I like to hear!, I thought the new mini's though a tad heavy worked very well for a front wheel drive car, one of the best front wheel drives I've ever drifted around corners without all the front end plow, kinda nice, underpowered so you could push the crap out of it,
The spiderr, my brain fart, the AHRMA circuit goews to VIR and Barber motorsports park ( where there is a giant spider statue skulpture)...oops, wrong track,.,..man getting old is bad ...lol. I would love to see how the "new" focus handles, have fun at vir I'll see you at summit in the spring if not sooner!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi vin

if you get bored this weekend ill be at summit point. im racing the sprint race on sunday. lol, they are putting me in big bore, i suppose to be a chicane. sat night ill work the enduro, probably at pit out (im power hungry). i think im going to make a sign for car, don't hit me-its not paid for. wasnt gonna go, but lost my motherinlaw last thursday and decided lifes too short, just do it. want to keep car in one piece for the fun at vir, so ill run easy. plus we changed so much in the car since last outing. should be interesting.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Sounds like summit will be a good shakedown for vir, hope to see you at summit sat. night

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking foward

itll be great to see you. i traditionally work pit out, usually freezing butt off. my bud rob runs the wrecker. his nickname is wreckerboy. hes the one who had to fish the car out of the tree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts