Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever look into the Viper 5901 remote start/ security system? I found it on Amazon for $250 but I don't know who will install it and also what other parts I need (I have the push button start). Any ideas or thoughts on the system?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would prefer a Viper remote start system as well. Would love to be able to start my car from iPhone! I did see somewhere (on this forum I think), that Viper does not have a compatible system for 2012 Focus w/push button start. Will try and find the link.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would prefer a Viper remote start system as well. Would love to be able to start my car from iPhone! I did see somewhere (on this forum I think), that Viper does not have a compatible system for 2012 Focus w/push button start. Will try and find the link.
you just have to go to viper's website and see what's compatible. unfortunately, out 2012 foci are not on that list.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
just email/call viper tell them what you looking for and see if they can put something together for you, if thats what you want you can get it done for a price.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the 5901 is an alarm and remote start to get the iphone crap on it you pay for a module and a monthly fee (not worth it since the remote has a mile range, i tested it 1.3km away i could still start my car). i had one in my 04 with pretty much all the sensors you could get.

you could easily install this on a 12 the main issue is PATS bypass. chances are since the car is so new they haven't fully tested their bypass modules yet on the vehicle.

sending an email out to DEI asking what all they have will confirm any confusion on weather they have a working bypass.

edit:

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=471

^^ just got bored and looked up the bypass for a 12 focus, i see no reason you couldn't install this on your car

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yeah, what he ^ said guys. also i dont think you need a monthly fee for the iphone to start the car. isnt it just a one time purchase of the app?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
you have to pay DEI for the service.
From Viper's website, pricing is the same for android, iphone and blackberry

New lower prices:

Now complete systems start at just $399 MSRP, and you can add SmartStart to most Viper systems for just $299 MSRP.

New features:

SmartPark – Remembers where you parked your car everytime you lock your doors. Provides directions back to your car. See a demo!
Viper Motor Club – Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance is included with all SmartStart Secure service plans. That's a $79/year value included at no additional charge.
Smart Alerts – Customers receive a text message to their smartphone if their alarm triggers (with compatible security systems)*.

New service plans:

SmartStart Secure 1-Year service plan, for $49.99 up front.
SmartStart Secure 3-Year service plan, for $119.99 up front.
Viper Motor Club is included at no charge with all SmartStart Secure service plans. **

New Viper SmartStart systems:

VSS3000 complete Viper SmartStart remote start system, $399 MSRP.
VSS5000 complete Viper SmartStart security and remote start system, $599 MSRP.
VSM200 Viper SmartStart module. Now compatible with virtually ALL Viper ESP2 security and remote start systems – ask your installer if your existing Viper system is SmartStart-ready!

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i have the 5901 on my car and it's been decent so far. only things i don't like about it is the delay in lock/unlock is longer than previous viper models and the two way remote screen cracked pretty easily and now i just use the one way. \

I would recommend talking to local shops first to see if any of them will install a unit that isn't purchased from them as most shops won't do it. not sure on the 12 focus, but previous models were around 160-200 for additional parts and labor at best buy (this is also geting the unit there for about 400 which included basic labor).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts