Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how our cars are kinda cranky when they are cold? Well during a 1-2 shift it was doing it's cranky slow-response to throttle so I ended up shifting rather jumpily and the car slammed hard when I let out on the clutch.

I am assuming this is a combination of my stock tune not responding to throttle and perhaps the typical rear mount issue? I checked it last time I did the oil and it looked like it was in very good condition. I'm going to have to crawl under there again and check to see if it is ripped or something. I assume everyone reccommends a VF Engineering rear mount?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm also looking at the Mac Rear mount. Not quite as pretty, but from the research I've done on this and other sites, works just as well and is $40 cheaper.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Mac mounts aren't as strong as the VF unit.
The Mac has a grease fitting, (nice feature, but..) it also has inherent weak spots due to those grease ports.
It's also been known to break at the welds.
The VF mount is CNC machined and is "solid"...much stronger, and well worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's still bad though. How would one break? There is no excuse for that in my eyes... It's just a little 4-banger engine mount!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts