Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a gloss black vinyl wrap for my roof. Does anyone have this so that I can see a picture for an idea? Sorry if I missed an earlier post etc. I don't want to mess with trying to Plastidip and want something more durable. This is my car now.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I live in an area that gets to 110 in the summer. Does anyone know how this will hold up to summer heat?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Get a good brand and you should be fine. I tried doing plastidip on mine, and it turned out bad, took it off immediately.

Vinyl is going to cost you about 80 to do yourself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do a lot of vinyl work, just dont cheap out on the vinyl, I use LG premium and it holds up really well in the heat. Make sure you get a nice bond with NO AIR BUBBLES, even little ones can cause the vinyl to separate.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I do a lot of vinyl work, just dont cheap out on the vinyl, I use LG premium and it holds up really well in the heat. Make sure you get a nice bond with NO AIR BUBBLES, even little ones can cause the vinyl to separate.
How bout the 3M stuff? Is that any good?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
I asked someone a whole back about it. They said to go with 3M or Oracle. Those are what they liked the bed and preferred. I believe oracle was a little more expensive.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Not the best pic but here's my old ruby red with a gloss black roof

·
Registered
232 Posts

That looks good, did you black the wing out too, hard to tell...

Also, love the wheel color, what color/method did you use, that is what I have in mind for mine.

Also, whats the rough cost of the roof vinyl?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That looks good, did you black the wing out too, hard to tell...

Also, love the wheel color, what color/method did you use, that is what I have in mind for mine.

Also, whats the rough cost of the roof vinyl?

That car was a black pack so the spoiler was black. The wheels were Plasti dipped with a coat of metallizer on them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love it! Gives me the perfect idea of what mine will look like. I was going to do my wheels anthracite. And my emblems. I'm probably not going to do the vinyl myself. I don't trust myself not to screw it up

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts

Did you do the roof yourself? If so how hard was it. The thing im most worried about is having the heatgun mess up the paint on my roof. Also i have a sunroof so that would probably add a little more difficulty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts