Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked through the how-to's and found nothing about removing vinyl decals... I'm going to head out there now and give it a shot with how to debadge it... while i'm at it I think I'll take my SE off.

if anyone knows how to get stickers off please let me know! (i had a fight with the dealer and its ugly anyways.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
can't u use stuff like the spray to remove tint. it's just a thought, i have no idea if it would work but someone else will chime in im sure, but i don't see why that wouldn't work just the same

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ohhhh lol my bad i was thinkin of decals on the window

·
Registered
291 Posts
i just peeled mine off

if there is still crap stuck on take some goo gone

·
Registered
524 Posts
might have to get some buffing and polishing compound too to get it all off. one of my buddy's had a really rough time getting the vinyl pinstripe off his car.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i used a blow dryer and peeled them off with as much glue as possible. the rest of it i used the blow dryer ot get it in ones spot the i actually found some goo gone in my garage and used that. then i found some scratch remover/polish and went to town. it actually came out great! thannks for the goo gone idea!

as far as i can tell it was never there.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I made the dealer take mine off, and the ugly ass pinstripe too. Who the hell thought CD Silver with a maroon pinstripe was a good idea?

Dealer stickers are the dumbest way to ruin a car, if you ask me.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Beats what they used to do...actually "pin" their logo or whatever into the decklid of the car. Sure, you could pop or snap the plastic letters off, but you'd have some nice holes in your sheetmetal.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ugh thinking about this guy pisses me off. Not even two weeks after I had this car the stock radio flipped out and kept turning itself on and off every 2 seconds even with no key in the ignition. I took it to the dealer and they said they would REPLACE it. well they didnt "replace" it the SUBSTITUTED it. where is the ethic in that???? seriously I had the upgraded stereo in there (not the 6 disc but the MP3 one) and they put in an $80 after market head unit. He tried to tell me he paid $300 out of his own pocket.

Well, I'm not an idiot clearly he could write if off or just used petty cash, so a) he did not pay for it. b) I know a lil bit about aftermarket stereos and I knew right off tyhe bat this was the lowest model pioneer makes so I knew he was llieing about the price too

so i politly called him out on both of those and he got all frustrated and started calling me an idiot and an [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. so i got in his face (which i probly shouldnt have done. he ran away and called the cops so on my way to the car i told everyone in the lot and inside to go to a diffrent dealer cuz he WILL screw you over. (hell he sold my parents a used 2003 focus with an SPI, my car, for the same price they could have gotten a 2006 brand new, INCLUDING A TRADE IN!!)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hairdryer and some bug and tar remover. Cleaned the residue with soap and water, and then cleaned and waxed the car. You'd never know it was ever there. I also debadged the rear deck.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
My Carmax sticker peeled off pretty easily, Helps that it was sitting in the sun all day. Then used TurtleWax bug/tar remover to take th adhesive off.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
"i made the dealer take mine off, and the ugly ass pinstripe too. Who the hell thought CD Silver with a maroon pinstripe was a good idea?

Dealer stickers are the dumbest way to ruin a car, if you ask me."

thats hilarious! LOL. i used a blower dryer and a razor blade. ammonia works wonders for the glue, gas or paint thinner works good as well. The SE should just peel right off, i took my ZX3 off with my fingers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts